NEVER TRUST Ebay buyer protection,you will lose

Ebay deals,don't trust.Been scammed for alot of money this week and protection,forget it.The seller probably has my money and they have the same one listed on another site and we weren't finished the deal yet.

Ebay promised a quick refund,but since this morning when live chat told me their account was locked and she go to bank and do a recall.She said let me know how i go and I was going to do that,but guess what?No longer able to access.

Bank thinks fraud.Wonderful,just what a pensioner needs.Been dealing with ebay for alot of years,and have never encountered such a horrible thing.Thousands of dollars.:-(

BE WARNED

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I still find it funny how poeple put pensioners in the poor bracket?

Yes there are pensioners that rely entirely on their pension payments but there are plenty of pensioners that are very well off and live 

in mansions lol.

My son is a gardener and there were and still are times where he quotes a job at a property worth over a million dollars and the customers

ask if they could get a pensioners discount lol.

Moral of this dribble is that just because someone is on the pension doesn't mean they're poor,yes they're entitled to a discount but it don't mean they're going to get one.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Fair enough, but it gets my back up when they decide to drop the pensioner line, thinking we're going to feel sorry for them. It's no different to those who drop the disability or "my child is autistic" line to try and gain some sort of sympathy. I see it that if you don't fall into one of those sob story categories, you don't deserve sympathy. I couldn't care less if you're a pensioner, have an autistic kid, are disabled, whatever. EBay members are faceless names. We don't see who you are or what your circumstances are. No-one should be ripped off, pensioner or millionaire. Follow the guidelines and you won't. If people don't read up on how things work and how they are afforded the best protection, not my problem. Too bad, so sad.

Spoiler
I work nigh on full time and I couldn't afford to spend thousands in one week online.
Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

The sense of entitlement some people have because they are on a pension/have 45 kids/their hamster just died etc etc etc really grates my cheese. It is NOT ok for ANYONE to be ripped off and the added 'I'm a whatever,it should'nt have happened to me' 

Bah !!!!!

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Fair enough, but it gets my back up when they decide to drop the pensioner line, thinking we're going to feel sorry for them. It's no different to those who drop the disability or "my child is autistic" line to try and gain some sort of sympathy. I see it that if you don't fall into one of those sob story categories, you don't deserve sympathy. I couldn't care less if you're a pensioner, have an autistic kid, are disabled, whatever. EBay members are faceless names. We don't see who you are or what your circumstances are. No-one should be ripped off, pensioner or millionaire. Follow the guidelines and you won't. If people don't read up on how things work and how they are afforded the best protection, not my problem. Too bad, so sad.

Spoiler
I work nigh on full time and I couldn't afford to spend thousands in one week online.

I totally agree that it doesn't matter if you are a pensioner or anything else, no one deserves to be ripped off.

Of course people should always follow the guidelines, but some con artists are so plausible. All I was trying to say really is it is possible to be sucked in. I don't particularly like people pulling 'pensioner' or disabled unless it is relevant in some way.

For a purchase worth thousands of dollars, it pays to be extremely careful.

As for how much people spend online. I have never spent thousands on any ebay purchase but I have, a few times, spent thousands online. Cruises, holidays, airfares.

So I guess it depends on what you are buying, but it is certainly possible for ordinary people to make big purchases. \

Not every week of course though.Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Some of the purchases I have made online within the last 5 years.

$8,500

$4,000

$17,000

$6,500

BUT, I go and check the item first and with an expert if need be.

Online buying needs to be respected and treated as though potential problems will occur unless you eliminate them.

image host
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

The most I've spent on eBay was $1,100.....once. It was during a 10% off site wide promotion. I had been looking for the item locally and the cheapest I could find for a similar item was almost 2 grand. I bought via eBay from someone who has a B&M shop in Sydney and paid with PayPal. They had bank deposit as an option, but I never considered using it. Plus I needed to use PayPal for the promo, but even if it wasn't a promo, I still wouldn't have paid any other way. I had no doubts it would be a smooth transaction. They had over 20,000 feedback with 100% feedback and only one neg about 3 years previously. Even so, I wasn't taking any chances.

I offer bank deposit on my listings. In the last 2 years I've had 3 people pay that way. One I tried to talk out of it and gave them step by step instructions on how to pay via PayPal as a guest or to open an account. They had read stories online about PayPal being really dodgy (probably created by the flat earth anti vaxxers) and thought their bank accounts would be cleaned out, their kids would be abducted and their house would burn down. When you get that anti, there is no changing their mind. I tried to tell them that there are sellers that will rip them off, and take advantage of them, and they don't have a leg to stand on, and they were happy to take the risk. Crazy!

There is no excuse for not using a safe payment method these days. Those that refuse have no-one to blame but themselves when something goes wrong.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Some people are nervous about anything online to do with money but when it comes to paypal, I am the exact opposite to your buyers. I look for paypal options on all buying sites, not just ebay. I have found it pays off. I once bought photobook vouchers from a company that went into receivership a month later, but I got my money back through paypal.Smiley Happy

I was really relieved-probably mostly relieved to have found out  about the receivership as it isn't as if they notified their customers.Smiley LOL

Pity though, they had the best quality albums I have come across and at bargain prices plus were completely made here in Vic. What sent them under, I believe, was timing. They suggested a 3 week delivery window and most customers were still waiting after 8-12 weeks.

Paypal is definitely the way to go with online purchases, if you can.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

I look for PayPal too. Mostly because it's convenient and it's (usually) instant. My utility bills can be paid with PayPal. I've paid that way a few times when my account has been loaded up and I haven't moved the money out.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks everyone.

Yep,stupid stupid woman,I am.

I filed complaint to acorn,the local cops and of course the bank.

I'm just too trusting of people.Bad mistake in this world now.

Ebay proper said I was scammed.

Only have the bank and acorn to maybe have a change of luck,lol.

The bank,I thought was ebay was called client security trust,so still thought things were legit.But when it closed the seller wanted more money,knew things were not right then.

Teach me that luck/life still **bleep** this year.I survived a brain anuerism.Don't know why now :-).Thought maybe life was going to be better now,I survived something like that,what a joke ha ha ha.Another year of **bleep** because $12,400 is very big amount.It will take a long long time to recover from that now.

Note to self,don't think you can have any luck,your too stupid :-).

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Oh I was also going to say that the invoice actually said bank deposit was still covered.

I will have to check other invoices because they must of changed words in protection section.Its a good scam,cause the invoice is exactly the same invoice I receive from other buys.But now I know ebay deals invoices probably different wording in scam.

This live chat person said I was covered before I paid.Obviously live chat is not ebay either.

Orignally i wanted to pay buy via paypal ,but I was told it works different on the deal section.

I know I'm stupid for sure now 😞

I'll only ever go through the ebay part that is legit.If I ever trust myself to buy again .At least they take paypal.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply