NEVER TRUST Ebay buyer protection,you will lose

Ebay deals,don't trust.Been scammed for alot of money this week and protection,forget it.The seller probably has my money and they have the same one listed on another site and we weren't finished the deal yet.

Ebay promised a quick refund,but since this morning when live chat told me their account was locked and she go to bank and do a recall.She said let me know how i go and I was going to do that,but guess what?No longer able to access.

Bank thinks fraud.Wonderful,just what a pensioner needs.Been dealing with ebay for alot of years,and have never encountered such a horrible thing.Thousands of dollars.:-(

BE WARNED

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

$12,400 Smiley Surprised

What on earth did you buy for that amount of money?

The ebay Daily Deals are covered by buyer protection if you use paypal....they are just ordinary ebay sellers who are promoting certain items.  

What makes you think that live chat is not ebay?  Of course they would tell you that you have buyer protection which you would have had if you had used paypal as your payment method.   They would not expect you to use bank deposit.

If the live chat person was in the USA they would not have a clue about bank deposit as it is not allowed on ebay USA.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

I'm not sure exactly what happened with invoices etc, but here's how i buy from ebay.

If I see something I like on ebay, I click the buy it now tab or make a bid or whatever.

But if I want to check if I have won, I just look in ebay. I never look at or see invoices.

I have a separate email just for ebay but I very rarely check it out & I never respond to anything in email about ebay.

I do all my buying and paying on the actual ebay site itself.

Usually with buy it now, I just push the "pay now' tab and go from there.

Absolutely everything you need for buying is on the ebay site itself. You can go to "My ebay" to see your list of purchases, if you have paid, feedback given etc.

You're not stupid to get caught in a scam, a lot of scammers are very clever & sound or look genuine & a lot of people do get caught in various scams.

I would suggest though that you don't make $12,000 purchases via ebay. Any large purchase, you need to physically see the item & be ready to take it immediately payment has been made. A large retail store might be a safer bet.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply