Need Help with return to suspected dodgy seller

Hi,

I purchased an arcade machine recently from a seller who stated they were in Sydney Australia.

The machine took a while to come, I suspected it must have been drop shipped from China or something.

The parcel was sent via something called UBI parcel.

Anyway, then I went to try it for the first time, the Control sticks where loose and non-responsive

there was a loose rattling sound like something was broken inside the unit.

I message the seller to see if they would resolve it. They took a while to respond and then told me to send them videos of the problem to their email address. Which i did.

After a few days of no response i tried contacting them again, and they replied in a funny english. Asking how the ycan help as if they dont rememebr my problem.

With no real help, i opend up a return through Ebay.

The seller has just given me a funny address, when i looked it up on google is actually a parcel transfer service and the website is in chinese. 4px it is called.

I just responded by telling them to send me a prepaid return shipping label.

I want to ensure I get a proper refund or working replacement machine.

Are there any tips or tricks to help speed this up for those of who have dealt with these types of sellers before?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The link you've given shows the seller is registered in China and they have 70 neg feedback in the last month alone (and almost 700 negs within the past year)

Because they in China, the cannot issue a shipping label 

Even if they could, it would be very very very unlikely anything they send would be any better than what you have now (IF they send anything at all, it could be a brick next time)

Common stalling tactics so that you run out of time to open a dispute

Personally, if it were me, I would open a not as described dispute, not a return request

If it is too late to do this through eBay, Paypal give you 6 months to do so

Good luck

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

15490795919073057.png

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the info.

I opened the return with "item was damaged"

So from the looks of it, it's better to get PayPal to handle it rather than having Ebay step in and escalate?

Cheers.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If you are unsuccessful with the eBay case you can then open a PayPal case, just not the other way around.

Be sure to sign up for PayPal's free limited returns before opening a PayPal case.

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I'd be interested to know what the sellers have to advise about this as if the item was advertised as located in Sydney, Australia, then is the buyer able to press for a return label to be supplied? Could they ring ebay, explain the problem and ask? If the seller is not located in Aust, that is their problem for lying, but would ebay issue them with a directive to supply a label to the buyer within x amount of days?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I'd be interested to know what the sellers have to advise about this as if the item was advertised as located in Sydney, Australia, then is the buyer able to press for a return label to be supplied? Could they ring ebay, explain the problem and ask? If the seller is not located in Aust, that is their problem for lying, but would ebay issue them with a directive to supply a label to the buyer within x amount of days?

I have read one or two members ringing eBay with this type of scenario and eBay have refunded without the item needing to be returned.

image host
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, I'd ring ebay.    The listing says Botany Australia.

Shouldn't have to return it to China.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

UBI is a logistics company in Botany....they have warehouse facilities to store and dispatch itmes for Chinese sellers.

If that is where you are asked to send the item then it should be OK....but only if ebay gives you that address.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply