Negative Feedback left as positive by seller - what can I do?

nbtbrv8
Community Member

Hello,

I recently bought an item and the photo was not of the item I received, the seller refused to help me and said to contact a lawyer.  I paid for it by bank deposit as the seller didn't have a Paypal account.  I left negative feedback and out of spite the seller left negative feedback for me as positive.

Can I have the feedback removed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes you can.

A seller can not leave negative feedback for a  buyer - phone eBay and they will remove this.

The seller is in Germany and I don't think they have a paypal policy there. In future, buy Australian.

You can also leave feedabck for this seller - be factual - to warn other buyers, and also check the sellers feedback BEFORE you buy,

this seller has a pretty attrocioius record.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

After contacting eBay customer service they have removed the offending text and left the positive rating. 

Hopefully they will investigate the seller as it appears he has a habit of doing this a lot.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The seller is registered in the United Kingdom and therefore must offer Paypal as a safe payment method. In fact, his listings all state that Paypal is accepted so I've no idea why the OP would have paid by direct debit, which would have been a hideously expensive proposition.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The seller actually listed in Germany, not the UK.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

My apologies, I obviously checked the wrong listing. Should have gone to bed a bit earlier, I think. 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply