Negative feedback removed

I regretfully left my first negative today after over 15 years of buying on eBay because I thought it was important for buyers like me to see this and avoid that seller if they chose to.

The feedback was polite and I only spoke about the difficulty to get a refund for a “arrived damaged” item. It took over 3 weeks of daily messages where the seller kept offering me discounts from 20% to 88% . I was finally refunded by opening a case on eBay. Then more bargaining started again over the return postage cost that they had promised to refund immediately. 

Now the feedback has been removed and that seller looks to be trustworthy!
The only option I have is to not buy on eBay any longer because I cannot see a true picture of a seller. It is disgraceful!

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Negative feedback removed

@mardell618 wrote:

Hi,

On the off chance that the purchaser left bad criticism deliberately, when you contact the purchaser, be pleasant and apologize for any bothers experienced because of the exchange. Ask them how you might change what is happening. More often than not, a discount or substitution will get the job done.

There are probably times when a partial refund may work for a buyer. For example, if they were sent the wrong colour and offered a refund upon return or a discount, they may decide to go with the discount/partial refund. The thing with a partial refund is it can be done immediately.

But the substitution, that's a different thing and involves the buyer waiting for some time for the replacement to arrive. Sandypebbles is right and it is a tactic used by some sellers to delay the buyer past the date of opening an ebay claim. Sometimes they say they have posted off a replacement and they haven't at all.

A buyer is better off getting a refund.

The other problem with a replacement, which I struck once (over an item that was only about $3 or $4, which is why I accepted their solution and didn't press for a refund), is the seller hasn't got an ebay generated arrival date for that second item and what i found in my case was they took their time to post it out and by the time it arrived, the event I needed it for was over.

I would always say go for a refund or partial reimbursement, never a replacement.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply