New Seller Scam for Feedback

Didn't know where else to put this but, I have recently been watching low price auction bids for DDR3 RAM and SSDs. A day before the auction ends, without fail, the seller cancels the auction and sells to "highest bidder" who immediately leaves feedback, which is all the same garbage spam "good product fast delivery, will buy again" either exactly the same feedback message or a different iteration. A lot of it from the same user. Not only is it impossible for the goods to be received that fast, but also, it is impossible that one particular user could win so many auctions that ended early without coordination with seller, and impossible that so many were done like this by mistake on the same day.

To summarize: there is a seller buying their own items on different accounts for a low price so the 9% tax doesn't hit them too hard. The items may not even be real. They are essentially buying feedback.. From themselves or whoever is helping them. I've left the seller's name out, but if someone from eBay can contact me I will give them full details.

This is scamming, I reported one of the auction items but could not find the proper option so I selected "bidding on own items to inflate prices" which was the closest I could find. I just thought eBay staff should know some of the details of what is going on so I posted here to hopefully get some attention.

I'm pretty disappointed by it too, I really wanted to snipe those parts and I've been waiting for one of the auctions to reach near the end, but of course they never do.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay staff neither read nor run these boards so they will not see your post here

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ah alright, thanks for the info.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I suggest you contact eBay support and report the seller.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That's what stawks said 3 days ago. With relevant links.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply