Non-shipment case on hold and seller says they can't re-send unless I close the case.

As per title, I bought an item from a very large seller (on the 12th November) and it was never delivered. After I opened a case, the seller messaged me (out side of the case messages) and  said they can't re-send the item unless I close the case.

Is this true? Sounds a bit dodgey to me.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Non-shipment case on hold and seller says they can't re-send unless I close the case.

No it is not true

and the seller has exactly 0 intention of sending another anything because they know if you close the case, you cannot open another 

Dodgey as the day is long

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

No it is not true

and the seller has exactly 0 intention of sending another anything because they know if you close the case, you cannot open another 

Dodgey as the day is long

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

It's rubbish. Do not close the case under any circumstances, but keep an eye on it so it doesn't time out.

Seller was also unlikely to resend anything in the first place.

Get your money back and find another seller.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

They're lying. Don't close the case until you get a refund/new item.

Personally I would have only accepted a refund and not a replacement.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

yes, dodgy!!! Where is the seller (check their feedback)?  Do not close the case 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the responses all. I will hang in there with the case.

The item was a gift for my daughters birthday which has since come and gone. Hopefully eBay will eventually get me a refund.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Also stop communicating with the seller - they'll promise you the moon, but won't deliver anything.

Just remember to ask ebay to step in when the case allows you.  Don't let it time out.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Never accept an offer of a replacement being sent. It is a stalling tactic and another item won't be sent. Accept a refund and nothing else. You can always re buy the item.

As soon as the dispute allows, escalate to a claim (ask ebay to step in and help). Never close a dispute without a refund. A seller telling you that you need to close a dispute before they can refund is lying. Mostly spouted by Chinese sellers to stall you until it's too late for a refund. Don't do it. Most disputes will close automatically when a refund is issued, so don't fall for their tripe.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

My case was initially put on hold for 5 days, and how now been put on hold a further 5 days. Is this normal? Is there a limit?

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I think a few sellers have mentioned that this happens.

Did you opened the case prior to the last date of the delivery estimate?

In other words, if the item was due to be delivered by the 10th of December, technically you should only open a case on the 11th December. Perhaps this is why it is extended - others will clarify.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply