Not able to get a resolution as ebay windows continue to freeze and remain on item sale

mumcot
Community Member

I am so disappointed as a long term ebay user with an outstanding purchase history to find that when I buy an item and the seller does not respond to numerous emails asking where it is, I am unable to access the resolution centre as I am redirected back to the item window on a loop where it suggests the item still may arrive. This seller has suggested they do not accept returns, but it would appear they are also not responsible for posting purchased items. I have read through numerous articles and followed step by step supposed help to have someone assist in tracking down my item or at the very least getting a refund without success. This is totally unsatisfactory and buyers should not be faced with reading numerous articles in order to gain assistance from such a global company. The automated assistance also simply rotates screens and does not allow me to complete a report or resolution request. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not able to get a resolution as ebay windows continue to freeze and remain on item sale

You won't be able to open a dispute under eBay's MBG until the final ETA has passed.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure what you mean by outstanding purchase history

Buyers can only get positive feedback and therefore no buyer will ever have less than 100%

And one would hope buyers pay for everything they buy

So neither of those is going to get a seller forced to answer messages, nor will you be able to get an item not received dispute opened early 

And the seller can only not accept change of mind returns 

These are things a 'longer term eBay user' ought to be aware of since they are the most basic of eBay 101

Also, buyers (and sellers) will be given much more factual advice by other members here on the member to member forum than they will from eBay cs who type from pre-written scripts

You will need to contact eBay though if you want to tell them your thoughts

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@mumcot wrote:

I am unable to access the resolution centre as I am redirected back to the item window on a loop where it suggests the item still may arrive. 

And there is your answer.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

What's the estimated date of arrival of this item?

Yes, it is frustrating if a seller does not mark an item as sent or upload a tracking number. It is extremely frustrating too if a seller ignores messages. 

In this case, if the seller had bothered to upload the tracking number, they would have avoided all the messages. Some sellers are the cause of all their own troubles.

Unlike others, I think your feedback score and the comments do indicate that you are a good, reliable buyer.

It may just be that you haven't had much in the way of trouble with any purchases before.

So here's the strategy:

1. Wait till the estimated due date of the item. It doesn't matter if the seller has sent it or marked it, not your problem until that due date arrives.

Once it does arrive, if your item is not there, then you can take action and you should.

Open an ebay claim for item not received.

Just let the seller try to ignore that. Well, they can but all that means is you would follow through with the claim and finalise it and get a refund.

Don't close the claim, no matter what the seller says. Even if you think the item is on the way or the seller says it is, keep the claim open and get the refund. Unless you actually have that item in your hand, keep that claim open!

After that is sorted, consider your feedback. It needs to be factual. You could certainly give a neutral or neg based on the seller's lack of communication (both to messages and also as far as marking an item as sent or not).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply