Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

I expect that this post will be removed by Ebay.....I would appreciate your feed back as victims of these scams.  I am $92.50 out of pocket and Ebay refuse to give me a refund.  I purchased dog food worth AU $92.50 from Ebay vendor. The goods were delivered to my local post office via a third party, who I had no knowledge of, and did not order from. This third party rang my post office and told them to NOT TO RELEASE THE GOODS, AND RETURN THEM. In the main, because they were told that the payment was unauthorised.  Ebay vendor appears to be  triangulation scammer . I paid funds to  Ebay vendor  and in turn the dog food was ordered YOUR vendor to the third-party vendor located in SHAILER PARK QLD with a stolen credit card, (triangulation scam) but nonetheless they were not the goods I ordered.
The fact that the third party vendor requested my post office to return the goods before I got them is not my fault, and has nothing to do with me. It is a direct result of your vendor generating justifiable suspicion in the mind of the third party vendor.  
To summarise, the third party vendor  located in SHAILER PARK QLD instructed the post office to return the goods to them because the card Ebay vendor used was not an authorised transaction. Presumably because they believed that ultimately their bank would reverse the payment to them. The post office made this clear to me, which also made me suspicious. In any event, the third party vendor did not want the goods released, and I did not did not receive them.  In the tracking you can clearly see the package was sent to my local Post office and then sent back to  REMOVED  located in SHAILER PARK QLD.
Under Ebays trading terms they guarantee to refund...fast. So far, all Ebay have done is stall, and hope I will give up and go-away. I wont be doing that.
Please note I have been able to identify another new company  operating on triangulation scam which I have repeatedly reported to Ebay to ensure other customers do not become victims, and they are still operating.
My message to you all BEWARE of triangulation scammers. 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

@ep000001 wrote:

If you have been "scammed", you should still file a complaint of fraud with the Police.

Also, contact the ACCC and report the seller(s) for unethical business practices.

If you perceive that eBay has not complied by their legal agreement with you regarding refunds, you may also take that up with the ACCC.

If you have performed all the actions you possibly can through ebay, Paypal and your Credit Card service provider in order to resolve the "scam", then;

Seriously, you are better off seeking professional Legal Counsel regarding these issues rather than filtering through endless comments.

Most of the people here in this forum cannot act on your behalf and can only try to help from what they know from experience.

Sometimes we need more than experience, we need brute legal action, and at the very least not become complacent that you were taken.

You must ACT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Good post s ep000001 and thanks for adding to the thread. I knew about Falcon but not enough it seems. That's a helpful post too. Cheers.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Re: Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

I wonder what was helpful about ep00001's, post.

Surely the suggestion of seeking professional legal counsel is just ludicrous unless the item was worth mega dollars,  you pay a few hundred just for walking in their door.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

I just got done in this this way $88, gettin no where with eBay.So **bleep** off, The item I bought weigth roughly around 200 to 300 g

The parcel or the letter or the bag of what ever they sent is only 16 g. no one knows where it’s been delivered. I see your frustration. Looked like I won’t be trusting eBay anymore.  

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

Nothing to do with eBay, everything to do with shonky sellers.

One question, though. If you don't know where it's been delivered, how do you know the weight?

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply