Overseas Seller not replying to request to have item redirected to my only PO Box address.

Hi All,

I am committed to buy an item - which after I pressed commit to buy button, displayed the message: The seller does not sell to a PO Box.

I send a request to this overseas seller to ask if he could send to my PO Box, as this is my only mailing address.

But I am getting no reply, instead I keep being asked to pay by Ebay.

As I have no time to play games, how do I get out of this deal quickly??

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Overseas Seller not replying to request to have item redirected to my only PO Box address.

Some ebayers are only on their computers once or twice a week.

eBay send a reminder at 48 hours and is only automated so eBay are not chasing for you to pay.

Of course the time to check details is before you buy under payment n postage and the seller is the only one that can cancel a transaction.

You will just need to wait until seller gets back to you.

BTW, the reason some sellers cannot post to a PO Box is if they use couriers, which cannot deliver to PO Boxes.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The seller is from China, the item located in Chullora. Now I could find PO Box listed, at bottom of excluded countries. The item is a very light weight Tafetta Tablerunner, selling for for AU $6.21. This one for sure would not be transported and delivered to a virtual address by a trucking company. I will have to wait for further directions. 

CHULLORA.JPG

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Chullora is where AP distribution centre is so Chinese sellers often use that as location but is actually coming from China.

IOW, if you are wanting this for Christmas it prob won't arrive before then even if seller would send to PO Box.

When doing searches on eBay unfortunately one needs to look for signs of it being a Chinese seller these days.

They have no regard for rules.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Ver, I hope this helps. It will depend on how well you get on with the people at you local PO.

We too run into the same issue from time to time and as Kopes said, couriers can't deliver to PO boxes. But, they can deliver to a Post Office with a street address.

Example:

Mrs Dozey Dribbler

C/- Post Office

136 Wobblers Way

Oongaboongaville 4306

We have good relations with our local PO people and all we do is let them know in advance. I don't know how you'd go though, if something had to be signed. We haven't hit that hurdle yet.

Melina.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sign up for My Post (it's free) and use their Parcel Collect option. That way the parcel gets delivered to the post office which has a physical address. Your address would look something like:

John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

123 post office street

Post Office Suburb NSW 1234

The parcel collect number is your unique my post number. You can get parcels delivered to any participating post office or agency (most do it). If you know you are going interstate for a month, you can get it sent to the local post office where you'd be staying using your number and the address of that post office.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi there, thanks for your support. I made contact with the seller, asked to have this item deleted because it could not be sent to a PO Box. Seller replied to me, he would try to help me - but could not find my order, thought I had changed my ID. I reassured him I had not changed my ID, and did send a screen shot of it being current in my account. I messaged seller again, asking to have purchase committed to buy deleted - or sent to my PO Box, because I do not have mail delivery - in the remote location - where I live. Now the seller had started proceedings against me, for non payment. I had two options, let it pass and bail out of my rego, or.............. So I changed my delivery address for this product - to be delivered to my demented 92 year old mother, residing in a nursing home, and hope it will be handed over to me. Not impressed.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Ver, not a good result. I'm not that experienced myself, but I think I can see ways the seller could have helped a lot more and resolved this. I'm sad for you.

look, just for your info, do your best to stay away from Chinese sellers. We've a situation at the moment, although quite different to yours, wherein a seller purporting to be Australian and Australia based (Australian dispatch), turned out in the end to be Chinese and was shipping from Hong Kong. Further, and this is my fault for not double checking before I hit the Magic buy button, he had run out of stock of said item, and between the time I'd saved it and then bought it (a $19 item), rather than delete his listing he jacked the postage up to $200 to dissuade buyers. My fault, as I said, I should have double checked. I was polite with the seller, but refused to pay. The short story is that at the moment, while it's still be investigated, we have a NPB strike against us, against our peferct eBay record. I'm still not sure how eBay will view this.

Stay away from them Ver. It's hard I know, because even now we still get caught, because they are so tricky and in my opinion, deceitful, misleading and unconscionable. If this is their general mainstream type of  behaviour, what chance have you got of satisfactorily dealing with them in any dispute situation. It's bad biz in any language and reflects in a very damaging way on all sellers.

Good luck Ver and I'm sure you can see you have the support of a lot of good honest sellers in here.

Big Hugs.

Melina.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply