Overseas purchase. When is it fair to lodge as not arrived?

I’m a pretty patient person 

I’ve waited for a bit over 2 months for a parcel from overseas and the seller can’t provide any tracking info, so unable to ascertain where it is. 

I understand there are postage delays etc etc but when is it fair to go through the process with eBay to report that the item has not arrived? I don’t want to jump the gun but I’m not wanting to wait too long either. 

Whats the process now? Last time (4 to 5 years ago) I had a missing item the process was all PayPal but now seems to be handled by eBay. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Overseas purchase. When is it fair to lodge as not arrived?

In Alice in Wonderland, two unforgettable characters wander into view...

Tweezerdum and Tweezerdee.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Well I got refunded but lost 10% on currency exchange so not happy. Makes you wonder where you stand should it subsequently arrive

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

You repay the seller, less any cost to you, because while the seller can not control delivery time they should have been able to provide tracking and this may have put your mind at rest enough to have held off INR if you could see the status of the package for yourself JMO

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

That much I get. But if it never arrives I just have to accept losing 10% of what I paid?

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

That much I get. But if it never arrives I just have to accept losing 10% of what I paid?

Pretty much. The pitfalls of International finance.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply