Overseas refund or replacement

I purchased a couple of electronic devices from China through a ebay seller and they both failed within a short time of me receiving them, They have done nothing but give me a run around and i have asked for replacements or a refund but they keep promising a refund but they dont happen, I tried to lodge a claim via paypal and ebay wobut it says i have no refund options for this, can anyone advise?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It sounds as though they have strung you along for more than 6 months.

There is no recourse available after that long.

Never let a seller string you along like that.  They do it on purpose.

Having said that - I would never buy an electrical item from China.

There have been cases of electrical faults causing death, here in Australia,

from Chinese electrical products.  Also house fires

Consider yourself lucky that the product only failed and nothing lelse

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

People who buy electrical items from o/s, esp China & India, (and other areas), are asking for trouble. Electrical items sold IN Au must pass stringent testing by inspectors. You have no such testing performed when you buy on the net &/or from from o/s.

I was an electrical contractor for 40 years and in that time I condemmed many items that people had purchased, while on trips o/s, or on the net from o/s sellers. These items were not safe for use on our electrical supply system, and to prevent people from using them, I would remove cords, &/or tag as unsafe to use, or in a couple of cases I simply took a hammer to the item.

Some times you have to protect idiots from themselves. If you buy something o/s that needs power supply (yes, even batterie/s), to work, have it checked by a licenced electricial contractor before use, it may save your house or your life.  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply