Overseas sellers

I think there should be a filter option that allows you to chose sellers in Australia only. At the moment the only option is items in Australia only. A lot of the sellers are based on Hong Kong however. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Overseas sellers

You have to check the feedback page and see where they are registered. 

Sometimes I don't even have to check, as when I search for something "Australia only", but see in the search results that a seller has low feedback (quite often lower than 98 or even 97%), then I know why.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Overseas sellers

I agree. If not a filter, then I'd like to see seller location listed just under item location in the actual ad, rather than expecting buyers to do extra clicks to check.

Many buyers take an ad at face value and if it says an item is located in eg Melbourne, that is what they believe.

I'd go even further. I'd like to have more choices with the filters. Something along the lines of set for 'just this time' or 'for all searches'.  I'd like to set it for Australia only and have it stay on that till I decide to change it. It's a pain to have to reset filters all the time in the same session.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Overseas sellers

I'd like to have more choices with the filters. Something along the lines of set for 'just this time' or 'for all searches'. I'd like to set it for Australia only and have it stay on that till I decide to change it. It's a pain to have to reset filters all the time in the same session.

If you use the eBay app, it is possible to "lock" certain filter settings, including Item location.

Using a desktop browser, Item location will always revert to the "default" option, unless you bookmark or save a search and use that as a starting point for all your searches.

There is a third party browser extension called "eBay item location -- my country only" which can override eBay's "default" item location setting that might be worth looking into.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Overseas sellers

Thank you SOOOOOOO much!

I didn’t know you could lock the search. This is going to make life so much easier.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Overseas sellers

You are very welcome -- yes, that is a very handy feature of the eBay app!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply