PAID BY PAYPAL PRIOR TO PICKUP

legarlu
Community Member

I have just paid for a transaction by paypal that was for approx 20 items..  The description shows the brands of the items and has  description as used.  I decided it was a good deal and went ahead.  I would have preferred to pay cash on pickup but there wasn't that option.  My concern now is if some of the items are damaged when I go to collect.  Would I be covered by Buyer's Protection.

TIA.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PAID BY PAYPAL PRIOR TO PICKUP

From the Buying with local pickup Help page:

How to arrange a local pickup

After making your purchase, contact the seller to arrange a time and place to collect your item, and agree on how you'll pay for it.

The seller will let you know which payment methods they accept. In addition to paying via eBay checkout, you can sometimes pay for local pickup items by internet banking, cheque or money order – either beforehand or when you pick up your item. Sellers may also accept cash for local pickup purchases.

After you've completed your purchase, we'll send you an email with a local pickup code (a QR code and a 6-digit code). You can either take the email with you or show the seller the code in your eBay app when you collect your item. The seller will scan or enter the code on their eBay app to confirm you’ve picked up your item.

Tip
Items collected in person are covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, provided all other eligibility requirements (including payment methods) are met.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Usually with pickups you have to contact the seller to arrange payment and pickup.

The seller probably has some concerns too, so you will get a receipt of what you get (the seller will have a copy) and you have the chance to look at the items before signing.

Damaged items are usually damaged in transit (for example because of poor packaging), so if you pick them up the chances are greatly reduced, but look at them carefully anyway.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

legarlu
Community Member

Thanks papermoon. lady.   Due to the items being glassware and plates I should have said chipped and scratched rather than damaged.   I haven't yet heard back from the seller requesting pickup times and address details.   It's not yet been 24 hours.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

From the Buying with local pickup Help page:

How to arrange a local pickup

After making your purchase, contact the seller to arrange a time and place to collect your item, and agree on how you'll pay for it.

The seller will let you know which payment methods they accept. In addition to paying via eBay checkout, you can sometimes pay for local pickup items by internet banking, cheque or money order – either beforehand or when you pick up your item. Sellers may also accept cash for local pickup purchases.

After you've completed your purchase, we'll send you an email with a local pickup code (a QR code and a 6-digit code). You can either take the email with you or show the seller the code in your eBay app when you collect your item. The seller will scan or enter the code on their eBay app to confirm you’ve picked up your item.

Tip
Items collected in person are covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, provided all other eligibility requirements (including payment methods) are met.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply