PAYPAL TECHNICAL ISSUES (Australia)

gajdac
Community Member

There is a technical issue between certain banks and Paypal in Australia which began on the 22nd June and is still ongoing. Users are being advised by Paypal that they have contacted their banks to flag payments as unauthorised, these payments are then being held by Paypal until the issue is resolved. The problem is that the technical fault is creating these unauthorised payments and not the user. The sellers are being notified that payment has been made and in the next breath the payment is being withheld by Paypal. To date neither parties have admitted responsibility and as mentioned earlier is still being looked into.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

PAYPAL TECHNICAL ISSUES (Australia)

I experienced one of these glitches over the weekend.  Funds from a sale were placed on hold and I received advice from paypal of a credit card chargeback.  Contacted the buyer who confirmed that this was not something they had initiated.  Funds were restored to my account on Monday, with no explanation at all from paypal.

It appears to have happened to several sellers, and there are a other reports much the same as my experience on powersellers board.

I found it quite ironic at the time ๐Ÿ˜ I had just been banging on bout the relatively low rates of credit card chargebacks on another thread when I received the first advice from paypal.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply