Page says express, but was sent regular post.

xelcat
Community Member

Just wondering if I have any options here, but the sellers page only has the option to purchase with express postage. Beauty, I needed it within a week for my brothers birthday. They sent it regular post. When contacted, they claim they sent it using the method that would be covered by the amount recieved. I'm just not sure how that's reasonable? Their page says express, I pay, with the understanding that it will be sent express - but it's my fault they have incorrect information on their page?

I have to go and try to find it at a brick and mortar now, or buy something else. Obviously I would have bought from a different seller that actually offered express postage if I'd known. How will ebay handle this?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Given the current situation, you should probably have gone to a B&M in the first place.

Australia Post withdrew their Express guarantee months ago. They claim (probably because they want the extra money) that Express should be quicker than standard, but it is not a given.

Depending on where you and the seller are located, like if one of you is in Victoria, a week could well have been optimistic in the first place.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I would be pretty peeved if I paid for Express and got a regular parcel instead.

However, there are significant delays to Express, with Aus Post advising that Express deliveries are taking 5+ days.

Regardless of that, the seller still charged you for a service you did not receive.

One option is to get something else for you brother from a store this time and keep the other gift for next year.

Also, bear in mind that just because a seller offers Express, doesn't mean it will get posted the next day either. Some sellers have a longer handling time and you might find your Express item is only posted several days after you place an order, so always allow substantial time for any significant purchases.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply