Paid for 10.1 Quad Tablet on the 18-12-2013 sent same day from Q.land to Vic no show! been scammed.

b.tara
Community Member

Looks like I and many others have been scammed as this seller apparently had 70 of the tablets for sale,and sold out' if that was true this seller would have made over $7000 on the deal.

Feel  stupid as the price was so cheap ....if it looks too good to be true it most proberly is.

This seller has been on ebay for a while so I thought it would be ok ..as we all did.Woman Embarassed

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Paid for 10.1 Quad Tablet on the 18-12-2013 sent same day from Q.land to Vic no show! been scammed.

That's assuming the seller hasn't managed to withdraw any money from his Paypal account before the disputed payments are frozen, otherwise unless they can recover those funds, Paypal are the ones who've been ripped off and are going to have to wear the losses.
Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

Well I think I have been scammed in the worst possible way as my grand daughter did not get her Christmas present and will have to wait to get my money back.

Also cannot find the other" sellers site" who is selling the same thing for $88 and $12 postage hope they have caught up with him.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

Frankly, if you bought on 18 Dec and expected delivery before Christmas, you were optimistic.

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

Hi I have started the process with Pay pal(not heard back yet) but Ebay customer service said I cannot escalate it again for at least another for 10 days' so does that mean I will have to wait that long to do it again ???Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

Well I think I have been scammed in the worst possible way as my grand daughter did not get her Christmas present and will have to wait to get my money back.

Well you can tell your granddaughter the truth and that her grandparent was trying to get something for a price that was way too cheap and that greed is what made the scam possible.

If buyers were not so greedy then they would not be scammed in about 95% of cases.

As for being scammed in the worst possible way just becasue your grand daughter didn't get a present from you is just hysterical nonsense.

I think when someone is scammed out of $30,00 of their money when they pay for someone to modify a van for taking their child in a wheelchair is probably getting close to being scammed in the worst possible way.

You haven't even lost your money, you will get it back from Paypal even though your own greed was the reason for the scam being successful.

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

@b.tara wrote:

Hi I have started the process with Pay pal(not heard back yet) but Ebay customer service said I cannot escalate it again for at least another for 10 days' so does that mean I will have to wait that long to do it again ???Smiley Frustrated

Tara, if you phone Paypal they may well escalate it for you immediately when they see what's happening with the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

Oh boy this is the reason I do not go on twitter and facebook in case I run into bullies like you  as this is where a lot of you lurk.

You have no idea of my circumstances yet you take it apon yourself to grab a chance to put me down.

Why do you do this??? does it give you some sort of satisfaction being unpleasent to strangers?

And YES I can understand what it would be like to be scammed out of $30,000 as I have a disabled Daughter myself.

I will show my grand daughter your post and explain to her why she must be so very careful when she goes online.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

Bump can be a bit blunt, but her point stands. And I warrant you haven't actually been scammed out of $30k or your attitude would be entirely different.

YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SCAMMED. All you have done is pay a fraudulent seller for something you should have known was not available at the asking price. As you paid with Paypal you will get your money back, therefore YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SCAMMED.

I have a disabled partner. So what? Bump's point was to illustrate a real, rather than disappointed I couldn't get something for nothing, scam.

I would show my granddaughter the posts as well. Maybe when she is old enough to buy online she won't fall into the traps you have done.

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

I googled Scammer and According to the Consumer and Business Services  a Scam is a dishonest attempt to trap you into parting with your money.

Other's 

The meaning of a scammer is a person who swindles you by means of Deception or Fraud.

A scammer has an offer too good to be true.

Cant get clearer than that, but not a Scammer you say.Smiley Tongue

If you read my first post I admitted what a fool I felt also I stated if it looks too good to be true it is and the other 40  oop's sorry' now up to over 50 that left feedback I would guess felt the same. 

This seller had been trading for about 18 months so they were not fly by nighters and had a  good rating...go figure.

I came on here to warn others and I suppose to get it off my chest not to be abused , lectured or ambushed, I realise for some unknown reason I am not welcome here but remember this! show me someone who has never looked for a bargain ...well for a start they would never ever grace the doors of ebay because greed got us here one way or another in the first place and to state otherwise that person would be a hypocrite.JMOSmiley Wink

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

You misunderstand. Davewil didn't say that your seller wasn't a scammer at all, when it's quite clear that he is.

What he did say was that you haven't been scammed because although you paid for what you thought was a bargain, you haven't lost your money. It will be refunded by Paypal in full.

But had you paid via direct debit, then yes, you would definitely have been scammed.
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply