Paid for 10.1 Quad Tablet on the 18-12-2013 sent same day from Q.land to Vic no show! been scammed.

b.tara
Community Member

Looks like I and many others have been scammed as this seller apparently had 70 of the tablets for sale,and sold out' if that was true this seller would have made over $7000 on the deal.

Feel  stupid as the price was so cheap ....if it looks too good to be true it most proberly is.

This seller has been on ebay for a while so I thought it would be ok ..as we all did.Woman Embarassed

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Paid for 10.1 Quad Tablet on the 18-12-2013 sent same day from Q.land to Vic no show! been scammed.

bragwr
Community Member

Bought the same thing, supposedly posted on 16thDec. And for all the trashing they get, AusPost is not that slow. I also note that the seller now has 55 negative comments posted in the last few days, up from 50 yesterday. Unfortunately, the seller has made his/her comments private, so I can't see what the problem is,  but I assume that it's non-delivery.

Yes it was advertised too cheaply and yes, I did suspect from the start that it was perhaps too good to be true. However, it was not a huge amount to risk, especially as I paid by PayPal.

By the way, the seller's Ebay account was not the same name as the PayPal payee account - a good indication that the account was hijacked as has already been suggested. The seller's main business in the past seems to have been selling baseball caps, not tablets.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

Spoiler
Thats a moot point really as if a thief breaks into your home and steals several objects that are covered by insurance  it doesent  mean that he hasent  stolen from you.
Spoiler
This scammer has defrauded  me taken my money' it will end up in their pockets , pay pal is is my insurance so you can argue and nit pic till your blue in the face but believe what you like but I have been scammed., I get the impression that you enjoy doing this so please' have the last word I know its quite important to you as you butted in just to have a go at me (why I have no idea) I will not be wasting anymore of my time on this rubbish.....Good day sir.
Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

But you never had the goods in the first place, so the analogy is flawed.

What you did (or will) get is your money back. Not the goods, but you never had the goods in the first place. So your loss is $0. There cannot be any emotional attachment to something you never had in your possession.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

You could right'but maybe ebay has closed it down until they get to the bottom of it...who knows.

Anyway nice to meet another Greedy person.Woman Very Happy

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

Yep I bought one too! - 3G 32GB GPS 10.1" RETINA IPS RK3188 QUAD CORE 4.2 ANDROID TABLET PC

Smiley Mad I thought it was a little dodgy when I purchased though , I think in back of my mind I knew I would never see it. Thank god for paypal buyer protection. I received some communication from the seller and a promise it would arrive within 7 days. I asked them why it was so cheap they told me as new model was about to come out!.

The item is listed as in QLD but they told me it would come from hong kong but still take 7 days and assured me I would receive the item. Was told it was shipped on Nov 30th and its now 8th Jan. They offered me a refund if didn't arrive within 7 days.

I went away on holiday & thought I would be patient as it was busy holiday period. And of course it since has still not arrived. The seller now has not replied any of my emails since then. I put a resolution dispute in with paypal, it was automatically escalated to a claim for some reason without doing anyting. The seller has not replied to the claim yet, so playing the waiting game until I get my money back.

I also reported them to ebay which I suggest you do too. It's all fair and well that I will get my money back but how can these people get away with it. Do they end up paying it back or paypal does ? It doesn't seem fair they can get away with it and steal money. I wish these people would cop a criminal record and have to pay everyone back personally. Its funny now there is 90+ negative feed back in the last month but they have turned off the feedback comments.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

@b.tara wrote:

I googled Scammer and According to the Consumer and Business Services  a Scam is a dishonest attempt to trap you into parting with your money.

Other's 

The meaning of a scammer is a person who swindles you by means of Deception or Fraud.

A scammer has an offer too good to be true.

Cant get clearer than that, but not a Scammer you say.Smiley Tongue

If you read my first post I admitted what a fool I felt also I stated if it looks too good to be true it is and the other 40  oop's sorry' now up to over 50 that left feedback I would guess felt the same. 

This seller had been trading for about 18 months so they were not fly by nighters and had a  good rating...go figure.

I came on here to warn others and I suppose to get it off my chest not to be abused , lectured or ambushed, I realise for some unknown reason I am not welcome here but remember this! show me someone who has never looked for a bargain ...well for a start they would never ever grace the doors of ebay because greed got us here one way or another in the first place and to state otherwise that person would be a hypocrite.JMOSmiley Wink

but you haven't been trapped, you have a way out - therefore, you haven't been scammed!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

@kirky_kirkenstein wrote:

Yep I bought one too! - 3G 32GB GPS 10.1" RETINA IPS RK3188 QUAD CORE 4.2 ANDROID TABLET PC

Smiley Mad I thought it was a little dodgy when I purchased though , I think in back of my mind I knew I would never see it. Thank god for paypal buyer protection. I received some communication from the seller and a promise it would arrive within 7 days. I asked them why it was so cheap they told me as new model was about to come out!.

The item is listed as in QLD but they told me it would come from hong kong but still take 7 days and assured me I would receive the item. Was told it was shipped on Nov 30th and its now 8th Jan. They offered me a refund if didn't arrive within 7 days.

I went away on holiday & thought I would be patient as it was busy holiday period. And of course it since has still not arrived. The seller now has not replied any of my emails since then. I put a resolution dispute in with paypal, it was automatically escalated to a claim for some reason without doing anyting. The seller has not replied to the claim yet, so playing the waiting game until I get my money back.

I also reported them to ebay which I suggest you do too. It's all fair and well that I will get my money back but how can these people get away with it. Do they end up paying it back or paypal does ? It doesn't seem fair they can get away with it and steal money. I wish these people would cop a criminal record and have to pay everyone back personally. Its funny now there is 90+ negative feed back in the last month but they have turned off the feedback comments.

the money is taken from their accounts in most cases

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

I hope so because they shouldnt get away with it.

I knew from when I asked them for a tracking number and they couldnt give me one that I was ripped off. We did even pay for 'registered post' so that plus the fact that the ad says QLD not hong kong is itself not described correctly .. without even taking into consideration the fact that it never arrived. Dodgy and yes I agree it is a scam.

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

Its good to to have some back up here thanks guys' as you can see earlier on this thread I recieved a lot flak for even mentioning that I had been scammed and labled greedy why I have no idea! ,its sorta like a couple of them wait to ambush anyone new on here, anything that floats their boat I suppose  I have broard shoulder lol.

I have put the first claim in and will call up Paypal tomorrow as its nearly enough time to escalate, it would be interesting to find out the real story and if it was the original seller or his/her site hijacked, if the latter they would have to reopen under a different name maybe as the feedback will be woeful.

Come to think of it either way whats to stop anyone from doing this ?Woman Frustrated

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

did you know that you can escalate striaght away? you don't have to wait the 10 days or whatever it is?

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply