Password

Why and how does seller know my password. Was included in last transaction email.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Password

Highly doubtful that it's an email from Ebay - you can always check by going to your Ebay messages and seeing if the same email is in there.

What is more likely is that your email address/passwords have been compromised. You can check on haveibeenpwned.com  and enter your address and/or phone number there. It will tell you if you have been caught up in a breach, in which case you should start changing passwords.

Everyone in my household has had their email address compromised at some point, so it's just a matter of changing passwords on a regular basis and not using the same password for different things.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Password

Was it a genuine eBay email ?

Which password ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Password

What exactly did the email say?

Ebay would never include a password in their emails.

It sounds like a phishing email?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Password

Highly doubtful that it's an email from Ebay - you can always check by going to your Ebay messages and seeing if the same email is in there.

What is more likely is that your email address/passwords have been compromised. You can check on haveibeenpwned.com  and enter your address and/or phone number there. It will tell you if you have been caught up in a breach, in which case you should start changing passwords.

Everyone in my household has had their email address compromised at some point, so it's just a matter of changing passwords on a regular basis and not using the same password for different things.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply