Pay Pal Declined

Hi,

Just wondering why/how come this has happened.  I just purchased three of the same products for a small amount, each time I bought it, it took me straight to pay pal, I was able to pay for the first two, but the third time it was declined.  I don't understand why???

Cheers

Cindy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pay Pal Declined

Thanks for the advice, I bought something else, then went back to repurchase it and this time it let me.  It is in paypal saying that it was declined that time, it did ask for another card number but I didn't enter anything.  All is good now.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Cindy

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pay Pal Declined

You will need to ring paypal and ask them why.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Pay Pal Declined

Could you tell from the message whether it was the payment that was declined, or the transaction itself? If you log into you PayPal account and there is still a record of the transaction in your history, it might be able to provide a bit more info. 

Some, though usually not many, sellers have an automatic block that prevents buyers from purchasing above a certain number of items in a 7 day period, though it would be strange to have a limit of 2 for low value items (especially if people often buy several). 

Other than that, it would have to be a PayPal or (possible) funding source issue (eg credit card declined - which could be for any number of reasons, if the bank or PayPal decided three identical, consecutive transactions looked sus). As above, though, since it's only speculation, the best thing to do is call PayPal. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Pay Pal Declined

Thanks for the advice, I bought something else, then went back to repurchase it and this time it let me.  It is in paypal saying that it was declined that time, it did ask for another card number but I didn't enter anything.  All is good now.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Cindy

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply