PayPal - pay after delivery option gone

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me? Last month I used PayPals Pay After Delivery option to pay for a few transactions and everything went through fine. Yesterday I purchased a few items from sellers thinking that I would be able to use the Pay After Delivery option again, but, even though this is my preferred payment option in my PayPal settings, the Pay After Delivery option is gone. I rang PayPal and the woman checked that my bank account was my Primary Confirmed and that my Credit Card was my Primary Confirmed, both of which are, I'm also PayPal Verified, the lady tried to overide the system to allow me to get the Pay After Delivery option again, but it would'nt let her, then she told me to try paying again in a few hours time. I've tried to pay more than once since yesterday, but I still don't have my Pay After Delivery option.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: PayPal - pay after delivery option gone

I've never tried to buy anything unless I have the funds in Paypal.

This might be good for buyers who buy an item, but then want to wait days for payday before they can pay for it!

Pay on your terms

You donโ€™t need funds in your PayPal account to make a payment.

You donโ€™t need a credit card to buy online. Link and verify your bank account to start shopping. And by linking your bank account to your PayPal account, you may be eligible to use Pay After Delivery and pay up to 21 days after your transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/my-money

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Paypal contacted me in regards to it and apparently you can only use this option on some transactions. The seller is payed straight away by PayPal and then PayPal takes the funds from your bank account 21 days after.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

I think the short answer is the option is no longer available. I have used it many times over the past year with no issue. I believe it was bought in to boost eBay's declining auction transactions
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

You are answering a 2 year old thread.

If the option was missing then it is a pretty sure bet that it is not available now.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I use Pay After Delivery quite a lot. What I have noticed is that, when there is a promotional discount ie 10, 20% off you cannot use the PAD feature.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Its a service where the seller gets paid but money doesnt get deducted from buyers account until like 3-4 weeks after sale
Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

I know Foxy is aware of the service now but it was still very new THREE YEARS ago when she posted on this thread.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

PayPal pays buyer straight away

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

I doubt any of the information in this thrtead is current.

i also doubt that Paypal pays a buyer for a sale at all.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

seewantmusthave
Community Member

Go to your settings, then into payments and activate it๐Ÿ‘

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply