Paypal Double dipping

Hi all, Have my Paypal account linked to my bank account for purchases, and today they took funds for a purchase, then took exactly the same amount again, even using the same Paypal debit transaction number. I fail to see how this could even happen with their so called hi tech system.  Maybe I am being sceptical here, but wait for it, I bet I will have to wait days to get the funds back, and it was a couple of hundred dollars too, not to be sneezed at. I will be calling them at first chance tomorrow to get stuck right into them, but they will have their excuses to read out from their little answer book. I wonder how much interest they are making from doing this new trick world wide? Has anyone else being caught up today in this one?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Paypal Double dipping

When you phone PayPal a prepared message confirms they are aware of the problem and that the funds will be returned within three business days, then you may proceed on to talk to someone if you still want to (I did). My problem is that I had two transactions to be charged for and the first hasn't been (US seller) and the second was charged twice (UK seller). I don't expect to see this sorted out until Monday at the earliest. Both the sellers sent before receiving payment.
Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Well, it's 1:00 AM Friday and the money has been returned to my bank account! 

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Good to know they're working on the refunds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Yes, all good here also, funds returned sometime overnight. Still can't tell who was at fault, Paypal or the banks, but as it was my bank who handed out an unauthorised debit on my account, gave them a reminder that with all their technology, that we pay for the benifit of, it simply should not happen. They had to agree, and promised to fix it, which someone has. We will probably never know the cause of this stuff up, as who would want to accept the blame?  I note that it didn't take the usual few days to reverse this, so it just goes to show that this "funds clearing delay'' that we cop all the time with transferring from Paypal to a bank account is nothing but a scam to earn them interest. I mean, when I make a purchase, the funds are gone in a flash, but the other direction,,,,,,,well thats different. Not.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Yes they keep doing it as soon as my current orders are cleared I am closing both my pay pal and eBay accounts and will be bad mouthing them at every chance I get from this day onwards.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

They will not notice or care

And commenting on a topic that has not been posted on in 6 and a half years old won’t be taken seriously by anyone (except the resident head patter) 

Well, sorry, maybe when a mod comes online they might pay you attention 

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Thanks for the tip as soon as this is cleared up and my open orders arrive I am closing both eBay and Paypal they have cleaned out my bank account once to often.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

That’s totally & fully your decision. Farewell.

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

Good morning Stanley

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Paypal Double dipping

@macar145946 wrote:

Yes they keep doing it as soon as my current orders are cleared I am closing both my pay pal and eBay accounts and will be bad mouthing them at every chance I get from this day onwards.

Trust me, ebay won't care one bit whether you leave or not. You are not even a single star in the universe to them. Not even a slither of a star. You may think you're important, but to ebay, you are nothing. Ebay isn't going to shut down because you decide to spit the dummy and leave.

Seeya!

STANLEY!!!!!!

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply