Paypal payment pending seller not accepted

I purchased a pair of shoes and paid with paypal funds,when I looked at my purchase history it has an hourglass beside it.I looked in paypal and it says payment pending seller has not accepted payment yet.I have never seen this in the 15 years I have been on ebay.Can anyone tell me what it means please.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I am not sure if it 'works that way' but was the seller either new new or only a very few sales in the past 6-12 months?

Maybe the hour glass indicates the 21 day hold placed on those sellers

As I say, not sure if that hold could/does work that way on the buyer's end, but thought I would make the suggestion

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If it's a new seller they often don't know to upgrade their PayPal account to Premier in order to accept payments.

Also for some reason seemingly randomnly a seller is required to log into PayPal and accept the payment.

Jimmy, you could suggest these to the seller.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Seller has 1158 feedback and hasn't replied to my msg asking them what it meant.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Then it's possible PayPal have randomnly selected the trans and they need to accept the payment or they have made a typo in their PayPal email addy.

But not much you can do until they reply of course.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Just got a msg back all written in capitals saying I must have done something wrong or don't have the money.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Occasionally Paypal will decide to pay your seller via your credit card, in which case it goes through as an echeque and can take several working days to clear into the sellers account.

It happened to me a year or so ago out of the blue, but I'm pretty sure in the Paypal account details it identified it as a credit card transaction/echeque.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If it's saying the seller hasn't accepted it, that typically rules out payment holds or reviews where the payment is being held or processed as an eCheque etc,

The majority of the time, it means the seller only has a personal account and needs to upgrade, as mentioned above, or that they used an incorrect email address for payment, one that's either not connected to the PP account, or they made a typo with their address. (Their response is a bit rude and presumptuous, I'm kind of hoping they made a mistake with their address and will realise it's their fault... ). 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

How many of those 1158 feedback are for selling? 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnrwrote:

Just got a msg back all written in capitals saying I must have done something wrong or don't have the money.

You haven't done anything wrong at all, the problem is with their account.

If I were you, I would take a screenshot of that page showing the hourglass and just pop it away in case you need it for future reference.

Whatever you do, don't pay into a bank account or any other way. Just tell them they need to get their paypal account fixed to receive the payment.

If they don't do that or try to open an unpaid item case against you, you will have the evidence of the paypal payment pending.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply