Paypal refund

Hi Everyone,

Just a question plz.

Last Monday I won an auction for an item and paid for it using paypal, I received the item on Friday but it's  defective and doesn't work as it should. I contacted the seller and opened a request to return the item case. The seller accepted the return and has already refunded on Saturday as I saw a refund transaction for the amount I paid in my paypal acc but it (that amount) is not in my bank credit card acc - not sure if because of the weekend - the transaction hasn't been updated in the bank system yet or if any other issue? I need to ensure I receive the refund before sending back the item. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Paypal refund

Refunds can take up to 5 business days to reach your bank account. 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

Not sure if becoz this refund amount is of  more than $1000 so it takes longer? Normally when I got a refund of around $50-100 it went back straight to my CC acc with no delay, but paypal transaction for this refund says it is complete and my paypal balance is $0.00. I contacted my bank and they can't see any pending transaction for this refund at all.

Refu1.PNGRefu.PNG

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

Has the seller provided return postage??

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

Did the seller issue you with a postage label?

I'm only asking as it seems odd they would refund you before receiving the item back.

If they haven't issued you with a postage label, then they may not even want the item back. If it is defective, they may just want you to toss it out. You could ask them.

If the amount is in your paypal account, does it necessarily get sent back to your credit card account? I am curious because I sometimes get money transferred to my paypal account (not on ebay) & it stays there & is credit for when I next use paypal to pay for something.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

No the seller didn't send me a return label, he asks me to send it back to his address and he will reimburse me for the postage fee later...

I saw the refund transaction in my paypal acc but my paypal has $0.00 balance. I think it means that that refund amount has been transferred back to my credit card acc but that refund amount is not in my credit card acc... so it's a worry!

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

The seller must provide return postage - up front.

Do not contact the seller again - follow your open INAD (item not as described) case.

I repeat - ignore the seller - you won't see your postage - after the fact.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

If that refund amount of $1290 (without postage paid) is still in my paypal acc then my paypal acc balance should be $1290 but it has $0.00 balance at the moment.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

Just do as you have been advised.

Keep an eye on your CC balance.

Don't contact the seller - work through eBay.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Paypal refund

Thanks you very much for your help.... I will need to wait for a few days and see if that refund will be in my CC acc. Cheers.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply