Pick up item,and buyer refuses to let me pay cash on pick up????sound fishy to anyone else????

orge069
Community Member

Hi guys I just bought an outdoor wicker dining setting from 6 suburbs away,now item listed as pick up only??common sense dictates cash is king??not for this guy, will not even give me a phone number untill i pay for it,by paypal or bank deposit??? Now we have been going at it for 4 days now and no way in hell he will change his mind,he has reported me to ebay?? because I wont pay his way ,and all this bull about I`ve entered into a legal contract and have to fulfill my end,so I offered to pay him with paypal/bank deposit on the spot, the way he wants,as soon as I see and check what I`m buying, he went off his nut,anyway the ling to his add is below,cheers http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321515589678?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Pick up item,and buyer refuses to let me pay cash on pick up????sound fishy to anyone else????

Tell the seller that you are more than happy to pay using Paypal as you fund your payments with a credit card so can do a chargeback through your bank if all is not as it should be because there is no seller protection for pick up items however if they do not want to take that risk you are happy to pay cash on pickup.

If the seller did not offer pay on pick up then they are not doing anything wrong insisting on Paypal or bank deposit so there is nothing you can report them to ebay for.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Deals direct have EXACTLY the same item - brand new, not used - with free delivery for about $700.00. Funny how people get caught up in an auction.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

the plot thickens...brrrk..bk

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Nah,,,never,,,someone wouldn't be trying to make a quick 200 now would they...mistaking Ebay for honest Johns bazzar.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Which probably means that he wants the $900 to buy it before it is picked up.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

that 9 piece for $649 would do me at deals
Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

yeah i offered him any payment he wanted as long as I actually saw item,no messages since,only an unpaid item dispute,awsome

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

yeah i understand all that,but when u`r first message from them threatens if i dont pay first I get no contact phone number until i pay,and after will give me details??honestly sounds like someone has hijacked this account,I did ask ebay to maybe contact the seller by landline and check,I am very curious??anyway

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

hi deals direct only had 1 of the same thats it,anyway
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

@orge069 wrote:

yeah i offered him any payment he wanted as long as I actually saw item,no messages since,only an unpaid item dispute,awsome

When he closes the case, get straight onto the phone to eBay and explain why you couldn't/didn't pay and ask to have the unpaid strike removed. I would also get them to check the correspondence between you and the seller in eBay messaging as proof. If you get no luck from the first call, ring back and ask to speak to a supivisor. They can and do remove strikes all the time "as a one time gesture of goodwill".....although there are people that have had more than one removed.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply