Pitney bowes took money out of my account

timlar3
Community Member

I recently tried to purchase a pair of shoes and proceeded with the purchase and didnt work. I then checked my bank account and paypal account and there had been money transfered to "Pitney Bowes, inc" even though i had not purchased the item. Does anyone know why this has occured? how i can contact this company? or how to get my money back?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Best thing might be to call Paypal and explain the situation.

Pitney Bowes is the company that arranges shipment of items through the Global Shipping Program. They get a separate payment when you buy any item which is to be mailed through the GSP.

you make one payment, for the item and shipping, but two transactions take place, as Pitney Bowes gets paid out of that one payment you make. Double check the date, and see if you did pay for any international items around then.

if not, then it is some sort of glitch where part payment went through to PB.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

timlar3
Community Member
Cheers. 3 payments where deducted from my account and I didn't even purchase the item.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It is not possible to make one payment let alone 3 if you have not bought the item.

Can you post the item number so someone can have a look for you?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Did you actually check you account or did you just receive an email saying the payments have come from your account. Sounds like a phishing attempt to me. I would be ringing PayPal and changing all my passwords pronto!
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

timlar3
Community Member
I checked both my bank account and my PayPal account history and they both came up with payments to"Pitney Bowes, Inc"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

This sounds like you've had your paypal account hacked, contact Paypal by phone and tell them what's happened and ask them how to proceed to have it reversed.

By any chance have you received any emails in the last few months (or more) purporting to be from paypal/ebay/your email provider asking you to log in to your account via a provided link in order to verify/check on something? If so, did you?

Btw, welcome to the eBay discussion boards, I'm just sorry it's in such unfortunate circumstances.

Once again I am reminded why I have chosen to avoid buying from the US in future, there just nevers seems to be any good coming from that 'pit in my bowels' place.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Have you checked your purchases, to make sure the sale did not go through?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I have also recently had money taken out of my account by Pitney Bowes inc. I have attemped to buy an item 3 times, the first time I had just under enough money in my account to pay for it, so I transfered in more money and tried again. When this attempt didn't work I thought the transfer hadn't gone through yet so I waited a while and tried again, and then again, in all 4 or five times, the same amount as the shipping price was taken out of my accoun each time but there was never enough in the to pay the full price so now I have no money in my account =(. Is this a scam or a  genuine mistake, it has never happened to me before and I'm not sure what to do now. ยฃ75 is a lot of money to me, we live on a part time wage, I hope I can get my money back, the bank said they cannot do anything yet it is too soon........

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The only advice I can give you is to RING paypal as soon as possible.  Do not waste time emailing as you will be very lucky to get a reply at all.

Quite often when you ring you find the problem is sorted while you are on the phone.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply