Possible Scam

osaan41
Community Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted your feedback. I think I may have been scammed.. 

Saw a PS5 ad online, messaged the person, looks like he only accepted bank transfer. I was messaging him back constantly, I checked his reviews, he's been a member since 2007. I've transferred the funds, that was yesterday afternoon, he confirmed he will post for delivery once he has the funds. 

I haven't heard from him since.. 

Have I been scammed :(?

Thanks

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Possible Scam

A bit early. It was only paid yesterday (a holiday) so the funds are unlikely to have been received by the scammer seller yet

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

osaan41
Community Member
Hey guys, the seller did get into contact with me vaguely apologising that he didn’t get the item posted today. He promised he’ll do it tomorrow morning, I doubt it but we’ll wait and see.
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

osaan41
Community Member
Looks like you were right. He hasn’t message me back, I’m the mean time he has re-listed the product.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SONY-PlayStation-PS5-825GB-Video-Game-Console-DISC-Version-/333840319970...
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

New listing reported for "Misleading or discouraging payments".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

osaan41
Community Member
Has someone reported him?
Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

@osaan41 wrote:

Yes, I did and I would urge you and others to do the same, or other members are going to be scammed.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Also reported it

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

osaan41
Community Member
I spoke to customer support and reported it to them
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@osaan41 wrote:

Yes, I did and I would urge you and others to do the same, or other members are going to be scammed.

Ebay clearly took no notice of the reports. He sold 4 on the link the OP left, then relisted it again for another 2 items, and now the listing has ended.

He got around not offering PayPal by adding AMEX as a payment option. How funny if someone had decided to pay that way? Would have backfired big time for him.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Ebay clearly took no notice of the reports. He sold 4 on the link the OP left, then relisted it again for another 2 items, and now the listing has ended.

He got around not offering PayPal by adding AMEX as a payment option. How funny if someone had decided to pay that way? Would have backfired big time for him.

eBay rarely act on members reports of scam listings, shill bidding etc as we well know Tippy, so this seller has probably ended up with over 7 grand in their bank account................original.gif

eBay should be making buyers more aware of their lack of protection by having a warning in the payment section if they try to pay by DD as Countess suggested in another thread. I'm not a fan of holding people's hand when they can't take due care in buying on-line, but in cases like this maybe it does need to be done............shhh.gif

Sure, they may NARU the seller eventually, but by the time they've done that the damage to eBay's brand name has already been done.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply