Postage delivery times are now pathetic

I am a regular buyer on Ebay but am getting fed up with the long delivery times taken when articles are sent via Australia Post. Some are shown as "Shipping Information Approved by Australia Post" and then sit in that state for a week. Sorry Ebay but I will be looking to use Amazon from now on. Also Sellers are now showing long delivery times to avoid bad feedback on delivery, well they have lost my business.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Seeya!

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Look at it from a sellers point of view. There can be serious repercussions for a seller who has too many items go over the stated delivery times and since the times stated on listings are put there by Ebay not the seller and don't take into account holidays and weekends the seller gets punished for delivery times that are not their fault.

It is much better to place a 4 or more day handling time, even if you are going to post the next day, and give yourself a bit of a safety net than promise something to customers that you may not be able to deliver and disappoint them.

It is not the sellers fault that it often takes a week or ten days for a parcel to get to the address, even in the same state. Sometimes a bit of patience is a great thing and maybe a parcel will get to you earlier than you expect.

Keep in mind that if you are buying from China then the sellers will place a longer handling time at this time of year for their new year holidays.

Latest reply

I had an item posted on the same day from 2 different destinations, one 100km away and one 1000km away, they both arrived on the same day.
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

So you are ticked off that sellers don't want you blaming them for Australia Post's short comings?

Why don't you make AP go faster?

No point saying sorry eBay here. A) eBay staff do not read here  B) even if they did, they don't care if you leave,or if any other member here leaves

And sellers won't miss buyers with attitudes like yours either

By the way, it is not against any eBay policy for a seller to extend their handling time, but it is for buyers to leave false positives 

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Wow, what bad luck you have had! My parcels are getting there surprisingly quickly, both my purchases and sales. I do not know if your Sellers are printing their own labels, but as soon as a label is printed, it is marked as "posted" and this happens automatically and is out of the hands of the Seller. It gets an update on the tracking after it gets to the Post Office, so maybe this is what you are seeing and you are not considering the Sellers handling time. Many Sellers have lives outside of eBay with families and jobs, so this reflects in their handling times. I guess if you want something then you need to be prepared to wait, or buy retail if you need it instantly. You are blaming eBay for things out of their control. They do not own Australia Post, nor can they demand that Sellers post immediately, they would lose most of their sellers if they did. Wow you give bad feedback for late delivery? How is that the Seller's fault? Maybe they should put their skates on and deliver in person. Australia Post has done an amazing job lately (in my world anyway)

eBay do not read here, nor will they care that you no longer buy here.  Bye.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Spot on bear!
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

My sentiments exactly!

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

@brianj1703 wrote:

. Also Sellers are now showing long delivery times to avoid bad feedback on delivery, well they have lost my business.

The heathens! Fancy taking steps to show accurate delivery timeframes and providing buyers with expectations that can actually be met by Australia Post - what is the world coming to when sellers refuse to give buyers unrealistic, falsely high expectations that will only disappoint them? Smiley Surprised

It's especially bad because buyers such as yourself are inclined to give sellers negative feedback for the performance of Australia Post. I mean really, how dare a seller take the justification for that away from buyers!!!! Smiley Mad

That aside, I would be willing to bet the sellers who had parcels as "shipping info approved" for a week or so, were all located in China.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

" but it is for buyers to leave false positives "

I believe that is incorrect.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply