Postage time from USA to Australia

I find it crazy that a parcel posted on the 12th of October from the USA still has not arrived yet. 

According to to the tracking info it left the USA on the 16th and got to Australia on the 21st. Took until the 27th to clear customs (really?) and then until the 6th of November to arrive at the carrier facility (I assume they mean it got handed off to the post office). 

Has something changed? Last time it was about 8 days to Australia. UK is 10 days. Since when does it take a week to clear customs. It's a car stereo. 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Postage time from USA to Australia

I got a parcel from outside of Chicago today. It was posted on Oct 29 (11 days). The precious one from the same seller that arrive last week took 10 days. I must be having a good run lately!

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I got a parcel from outside of Chicago today. It was posted on Oct 29 (11 days). The precious one from the same seller that arrive last week took 10 days. I must be having a good run lately!

Nah tippy, it's just the Padi/Tippy Illinois-Oregon-Australia "Express Trebuchet System"..........................LOFL

...........and you ought to see the size of the Treb in Oregon for the "Pacific Lob"...............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

It also depends where the items are sent and if their space on the plane. my new york parcels usually take a bout 10-14 days unless over $1000, New jersey * 15minutes away yhakes 14- 18 days,

please remember their are cusoms delays, and strikes or go slow wjth the customs staff,

always good to pay for tracking, and trackit yourself.

Anthony

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

No cause for concern yet hus, I've found UK to Oz is often around that 2-3 week mark the same as US times, which will only extend as we get closer to Xmas.................

Ahh, no worries padi - cheers for that and apologies for the late reply. Used to US shipping taking up to a month, wasn't sure about the UK. Also Standard Intl Royal Mail so no tracking no#. Has only been 2 1/2 weeks atm.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Just to add hus, I haven't bought anything through the UK GSP, and I'm not likely to, so I don't know if there are delays with that like the US debacle version.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Padi, I used the UK GSP just recently as there was absolutely no option.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the10 days delivery, although very annoyed at the repackaging.  The item was diary inserts and sheets of coloured paper.

Luckily they were in waterproof sealed packages because they were repackaged into a thin cardboard backed envelope which was too large so they all slid around and several packages had damaged corners.  There was a huge round sticker on it saying Repackaged by Pitney Bowes for the GSP.

The package was delivered on a wet day and bent to fit in the letterbox which also tore several holes in the envelope.

My thoughts were along the lines of vey good delivery times but otherwise same old, same old Pitney Bowes.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

For the life of me lyndal, I cannot understand why PB even needs to repackage parcels that the seller has presumably packed to their standards to avoid damage.

I guess the excuse they would use is that they do it in case there's dangerous butter knives or some other heinous inclusion there ROFL.

Or that they do it to fit more parcels into a carton/container to jack up their profits, without any thought to the safety of the item itself.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

For the life of me lyndal, I cannot understand why PB even needs to repackage parcels that the seller has presumably packed to their standards to avoid damage.

I guess the excuse they would use is that they do it in case there's dangerous butter knives or some other heinous inclusion there ROFL.

Or that they do it to fit more parcels into a carton/container to jack up their profits, without any thought to the safety of the item itself.

I believe it's so they can check the contents to see whether it's something "illegal"..........read: something they like the look of to keep for themselves.....or something they can sell to make extra money for the company.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Just to add hus, I haven't bought anything through the UK GSP, and I'm not likely to, so I don't know if there are delays with that like the US debacle version.

Actually I have used the UK GSP version and (like lyndal says) it wasn't nearly as painful as the US one lol...ith WnDirect being the aussie-end courier instead of Fedex.

The package I'm waiting on atm though, is just the basic Standard International, which has no tracking.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

I believe it's so they can check the contents to see whether it's something "illegal"..........read: something they like the look of to keep for themselves.....or something they can sell to make extra money for the company.

Yup! lol

I would say that's it.

eBay Global Shipping Undeliverables End up Back on eBay

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply