Postage

Hi I have purchased a large metreage of curtains 8 full length curtains in total. Plus all the frills the seller has list postage as 3 kg $15. I assume it would be more likely $60 what should I do in this instance what are my rights as a buyer
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Postage

Are you buying trouble?

If the seller hasn't asked for more money, just pay what the listing says.

Depending on the seller's experience, if they ask for more money, consider paying it. Especially if you got a bargain.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

At the end of the day I was only one who bid a week ago and now have won tonight . I am only guessing the weight but it is not 3 kg as listed . If I pay and demand more I have to go to the trouble to get a refund . I hate all this confrontation
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

The seller might be using a 5 kg satchel and discounted the postage slightly.

However, best to see what happens.    And nothing bad should happen, the seller has to send the invoice with the advertised postage.

Might be a big worry about nothing.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

I've been in the same place you are now.  I've had huge parcels sent for surprisingly low postage, some even free postage.I've just gone ahead and paid and there have been no hassles, item just arrives. There could be any one of a number of explanations.  I would just go ahead and pay and see what happens.  The seller is responsible for the listing. (it says so on listings) so it is up to them to get it right.  If they don't, they really can't (shouldn't) ask for more money.  This is a bad selling practice in my opionion and in that case, I would tell them to cancel the sale.  I take into consideration the total cost when purchasing, and won't pay more. Also, if someone is stupid enough to get the postage wrong, do you really want to deal with them? This being said, I did make one exception for a new seller, who had miscalculated postage and sent them the extra, but only because they were new to it all.  Otherwise, I make no exceptions for seasoned sellers.  I had one try it on and I think it was a deliberate attempt to get more money because I was the only bidder. She wouldn't cancel, so ended up sending it for the quoted amount. At the end of the day, you have to be the one to decide how to handle this. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

If you and the seller are in the same city and it's one of the major capital cities, eg. Melbourne, Sydney, or a couple of others, you can send a 20kg parcel for the same cost as a 1kg parcel.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

@welshponystudwrote:
At the end of the day I was only one who bid a week ago and now have won tonight . I am only guessing the weight but it is not 3 kg as listed . If I pay and demand more I have to go to the trouble to get a refund . I hate all this confrontation

What confrontation?

The seller has not asked for any more money yet.

How much trouble is it to ask the seller for a refund?    If he asks for more money just reply that you are not prepared to pay more and to please refund your money.  That could hardly be called "all this confrontation".

To be honest, this sounds like a change of mind on your part.   You are looking for a reason to not pay for the item.

Too bad.....so far the seller has not given you a reason.  

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Postage

@welshponystudwrote:
Hi I have purchased a large metreage of curtains 8 full length curtains in total. Plus all the frills the seller has list postage as 3 kg $15. I assume it would be more likely $60 what should I do in this instance what are my rights as a buyer

What's your problem?

Your right as a buyer is to receive the curtains after you pay for them, within the time frame outlined in the ad.

If, after waiting a while, they don't show up, you have the right to a refund.

Why are you worried about the postage cost being too low? Some things on ebay are labelled free postage-you don't really imagine anything goes free, do you? Of course not, The item price is padded to cover it. Your curtains might be like that, with a bit of room to cover postage.

Lots of buyers hate expensive postage so that's how some sellers do it. increase the price of the item, lower the postage.

No reason not to pay up. It sounds like you're actively looking for troubles where there might be none. You never know your luck.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply