Problem with purchase.

What does it mean when there's a payment issue with an order? I bought a DVD (no tracking number provided) It was sent on 17th January and today was the deadline for delivery, seller is in Australia by the way. I put in a request thru PayPal for refund but asked the seller for one, just today, and got a hard to decipher message back from her. Seller has 6 negatives. The cost was $11.00. Usually items posted within Australia usually only take around a week or a bit over. I checked PayPal & payment has gone through no problem. This just seems slightly puzzling.
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem with purchase.

@michellebartley wrote:
What does it mean when there's a payment issue with an order? I bought a DVD (no tracking number provided) It was sent on 17th January and today was the deadline for delivery, seller is in Australia by the way. I put in a request thru PayPal for refund but asked the seller for one, just today, and got a hard to decipher message back from her. Seller has 6 negatives. The cost was $11.00. Usually items posted within Australia usually only take around a week or a bit over. I checked PayPal & payment has gone through no problem. This just seems slightly puzzling.

Okay, if yesterday was the deadline for delivery, then you were a little too hasty opening a paypal claim on the same day.

Fires or no fires, I personally think it is always a good idea to give purchases a few days' grace to arrive because sometimes there can be a lttile bit of a delay in the post, you never know.

And it is a lot easier to just wait it out a few extra days than it is to open a claim, get a refund then have to repay the seller pretty soon after that if/when it arrives. Always try to save yourself a bit of effort and waiting a few extra days would make it easier for you.

But that's just my tip for the future. What is done now in this case is done. You have opened a paypal claim. I would imagine you will be repaid very shortly because with no tracking, I can't see the seller winning.

You are right, sending with no tracking does make the seller vulnerable but quite a few small items are sent this way because it is cheaper and most customers don't like paying high postage on low cost items. The risk is minimal in that I have always found Aust Post to be very reliable so it is unlikely anything will be lost. Sometimes it happens I know, but usually it will get through, even if it is a bit late. Main risk to sellers is they cannot prove an item arrived.

My advice would be to just leave the paypal claim in place now. Don't withdraw it on the seller's say so as I don't think you can open it again if you close it. Wait till you get your money back & then just do as you said you'll do-if the item arrives later, reimburse the seller.

As for 'payment issue with the order'-who is telling you that? Did the seller say that in his reply?

If the payment has gone through on your paypal account, then I don't believe there is any payment issue and I would not accept that if it is what the seller is saying.

So leave your paypal claim open, make sure you get your refund. reinburse the seller if the item arrives later. Next time, wait a few extra days though before you open a claim.

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Problem with purchase.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Smiley Surprised You are asking the seller for a refund and have also opened a dispute in paypal?  Typical!!

Are you aware that half the country is in flames?   It would not have hurt you to wait a few more days to see if it turns up.

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

What's the difference Lyndal the seller isn't very co operative. If the country's in flames don't get too close you'll burn.
Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

How stupid not even getting a tracking number that's just slack. The parcel is probably in Tim buck too by now. If it does "HAPPEN" to arrive then I'll reimburse the seller for the amount.
Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

happy new year michelle, hope you had a good holiday period.

What was the sellerโ€™s handling time?

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

I couldn't find the handling time. But it says she has been a member since 2007.
Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

Michelle, if you click on the postage tab in the listing, on a computer, it will usually tell you what the seller's handling time is.

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

@michellebartley wrote:
What's the difference Lyndal the seller isn't very co operative. If the country's in flames don't get too close you'll burn.

What is the difference?  The difference is that if you open a dispute in ebay and paypal at the same time they will both be closed and you will not get a refund.

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

Item #113983267380
Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Problem with purchase.

It was only PayPal not Ebay.
Message 10 of 52
Latest reply