Purchased 5 piece Luggage Set & Broke 1st Time Using it.

champers2009
Community Member

I purchased a Lugage set approx 2 1/2 months ago for an overseas trip in late June. 

The largest suitcase broke before we got out the front door.

The 2nd largest suitcase didn't last either - the extendable handle broke (only 19kg of items) when leaving the hotel. Arrived back at Australia, the wheels came completely off. Left with using the handles, which they didn’t last either.

By the time we got home, 3 bags were damaged out of the 4 piece set we used.

I've contacted the seller (via message via ebay) 3 days ago to advise them of my disappointment and dissatisation of the luggage set that I purchased.  I still have not received a response back from the seller.

The warranty was for 30 days (which I know has elapsed) - but to break before I got out the door. 😞 

Do I have a case (pardon the pun) to claim a refund from the seller?

Thanks. 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You need to contact Ebay and see if they can help. Read the neg this seller received on JUNE 4 same product and the response. The warranty is worthless as that is their ToS. If you have no joy getting assistance from Ebay then come back here. It seems this seller has a demonstrated history of knowingly selling dodgy goods.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

if you financed the purchase with a CC you can try to see if they would do a chargeback.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I am all for buying cheap luggage as most airports can damage even the most expensive versions but I wouldn't buy on line unless I was going to test them out well within the 45 day paypal protection limit and I wouldn't buy from a sellers with negs, especially for the same item.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply