Purchased a book but seller away for over a month.

I recently purchased a text book for my son but after the sale (when I requested an invoice to include postage - pre-arranged, by the way) the seller said they are o/s until 15 Jan.

My son has to read the book before school goes back in January. If I wait for the seller to return and then post it he won't have time to read it. He should have had over a month.

Nowhere in the ad did it say the seller was away and couldn't post it for over a month.

I've written to them to request they cancel the sale. Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi:   are you sure the listing didn't say the seller was away?   Perhaps if you put the item number here - not the seller's name - the members here can have a look at the listing.

I don't know what State you are in but most schools don't go back until about or after  27 January.  If the seller gets it to you by 18 Jan could your son read it in 9 days?    That  seems enough time?   Unless it is something like War and Peace, Smiley Happy

The seller would probably not have known that you wanted it read in a limited time - unless you contacted him before the sale?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

are you sure the listing never said they are away, what is the item number.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The seller has cancelled the sale, so all good.

They forgot to include their trip in the original listing so were more than happy to cancel the sale.

All resolved - very happy 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply