Purchased shoes advertised as made in Australia.

trixelle
Community Member

They are extremely oversized and very poor quality. I have requested refund which they will provide only if I return them to China and pay an extra tax of $10. I have the packaging they were sent in which has a P.O. Box address is nsw. Can I Return them to a P.O. Box. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No....don't return yet....go to HELP at top of page & have a 'live chat' with ebay staff
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Seriously, I cannot think of the last time a pair of shoes were Made in Australia!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Any chance you can post the item number because I would be interested to see how the listing is worded?

Redback boots, as well as several UGG-style boots are still made here, perhaps also some female high-end shoes. However, I am not aware of any local manufacturers making casual footwear.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

have a look at your pay pal payment history see where the seller has their address listed as.   AND send there.   Reason for this if things go pear shape with ebay refund etc.   Then open a case with pay pal and you will be covered as you returned the item to the sellers address on pal pay 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

the PO BOX is a way to hide where the item coming from.   Have a look for postage MARKS etc.   They may tell a different story to where the package came from.    To gave you an idea I am in vic and could open a PO box for example in QLD if i wanted.   There no requirment for me to even live or operate in the state to gain a PO Box address.   

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

have a look at your pay pal payment history see where the seller has their address listed as.   AND send there.   Reason for this if things go pear shape with ebay refund etc.   Then open a case with pay pal and you will be covered as you returned the item to the sellers address on pal pay 

Apart from the fact that Paypal does not show the seller's address, that is very bad advice, the OP needs to open a dispute with eBay's MBG, then if they win the case send the shoes back to the address stated in the dispute, which should be paid for by the seller if it's an INAD case.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Apart from the fact that Paypal does not show the seller's address, that is very bad advice, the OP needs to open a dispute with eBay's MBG, then if they win the case send the shoes back to the address stated in the dispute, which should be paid for by the seller if it's an INAD case.

re read the above even put in bold for you.  To the other part I can see the address for who I pay to here on pay pal BUT is a business account here so it may be different on personal accounts BUT you may want to read pay pal terms and con close as it stated in them item MUST be returned to sellers address  ALSO PAYPAL will pay out up to $45 on shipping costs no matter NO CLAUSES attached etc  where EBAY/SELLER DOES NOT HAVE to under this clause and a number of other loop holes in the return shipping 

Do you get shipping money back eBay?
eBay policy for HFR is that when a buyer returns due to remorse, you can refund only the item price. And because this buyers remorse, buyer pays for return shipping. Even if you aren't enrolled in hassle free returns, you don't have to refund the original shipping cost when the return is due to remorse.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

re read the above even put in bold for you.  To the other part I can see the address for who I pay to here on pay pal BUT is a business account here so it may be different on personal accounts BUT you may want to read pay pal terms and con close as it stated in them item MUST be returned to sellers address  ALSO PAYPAL will pay out up to $45 on shipping costs no matter NO CLAUSES attached etc  where EBAY/SELLER DOES NOT HAVE to under this clause and a number of other loop holes in the return shipping 

Do you get shipping money back eBay?
eBay policy for HFR is that when a buyer returns due to remorse, you can refund only the item price. And because this buyers remorse, buyer pays for return shipping. Even if you aren't enrolled in hassle free returns, you don't have to refund the original shipping cost when the return is due to remorse.

Just a couple of points, firstly with Paypal's "limited return postage offer" you have to sign up BEFORE opening a dispute with them to get that limit of $45,00.

Also I did say in my post "if it's an INAD case" so change of mind doesn't come into it IF the buyer can show the shoes are "not as described".

Notwithstanding those points the buyer should only send an item back to the address that either eBay or Paypal tells them to, not another address that the buyer might find somewhere else (eg on the parcel etc).

Hopefully the OP realises that if they are going to open a dispute they should first go through eBay's MBG and if that fails then go through Paypal.

Edit. Unless the OP comes back with the item number it's very hard for us to know whether an INAD case would be successful.............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Seriously, I cannot think of the last time a pair of shoes were Made in Australia!

My son buys work boots made in Australia.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply