REALLY ANNOYING !!

tobywasa
Community Member

Every Monday, when my list of items comes from my favourite sellers , I've noticed for a while now that about 90% of the sellers no longer bother to put photos of their items, just a rough description.

I'm now getting into the habit of not bothering, if there is no photo.

I look at it this way, if they can't bother putting a photo, I'm not going to bother looking.

As each time you look at an item, you have to sign in again to continue looking at the list !!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: REALLY ANNOYING !!

chezzy
Community Member

It is taking 'sight unseen' to new levels. I don't waste my time with listings that don't even have a stock photo. And prefer to support those sellers who go to the trouble of including photos of the actual item.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Not sure if you possibly have another issue, but just from what you have described, if you have to sign in every time you resume your search or browsing, it does sound more like a computer problem. 

Also regarding photos, do you mean in gallery or in the listing itself, if pictures are not showing up, this could also be a glitch,

Can I suggest you try clearing your cache and cookies, reboot, and download Firefox if you aren`t already using it, its much more ebay user friendly.  Just a suggestion 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

sometimes there isn't always a gallery photo, but the pics are in the listing instead.

I have noticed a big trend towards this  recently.
Im not sure why sellers are doing this. I find it frustrating.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

The ones I am concerned with don't just have the gallery pic missing but have NO pics in the listing full stop

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Op,

we have all noticed the trend of no pics and one line descriptions!

Between us here we know quite a few Ebay sellers (we talk to each other about all sorts of things) and common opinion these days is that Ebay is not taken seriously any longer.

They are or already have moved in masses onto their own sites where customers don't give them grief, where everyone pays, where they can get twice if not more for the same item, and the business is constant and steady, people comming in and shopping just like in a normal real store.

They use Ebay for few repeat customers, to get rid of cheaper items (everyone without exception said that's all they sell these days, cheap stuff - Ebay's clientelle doesn't even look at anything half decent, or if they do they want it for nothing, they want it yesterday, and with no postage.

So there is no surprise to see listings, more and more with lesser standards that what it used to be years ago when Ebay was a source of income for all these sellers - and worth going into trouble to do listings properly.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay announced that listings would have to have gallery pics as part of their new picture policies.

I haven't seen one without one for yonks (save ebay glitchesl) ,  Seen a few with banner saying photos to come, but none with no pictures.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Look in 'books'. WoBA. You'll find plenty without pics.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

well you know what they say about book sellers 😛

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

No. What?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply