Received the wrong item

kiya777
Community Member

Hi all, I received the wrong item just now, after checking their feedback I saw they did the same to someone else (same item ) just now and won't let them send it back for a refund.I have contacted the seller and I am just wondering if I get the same response what do I do next....also I checked their conditions and it said they give refunds but at the buyers cost, is that fair if they sent the wrong item? Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Received the wrong item

Yes, I can see other people complain about the same issue...

Can you share the item number?

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

The seller is replying but won’t budge . Ok so I might need to wait the 3 days , I thought it was only if the seller didn’t respond . Anyway thanks so much for your time😊

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

I think they think you might still reach an agreement..., that's why you have to wait.

Don't forget to ask them to intervene though, as if you don't ask them, they will assume you have reached an agreement with the seller.

Someone here once forgot because he thought it was automatic if the seller did not respond in a satisfactory manner and the case was not closed, and then (after 30 days) he was not able to ask eBay any more. It is not like PayPal. In PayPal disputes, after a certain number of days PayPal intervenes automatically if no solution has been achieved and the case is still open.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Received the wrong item

If you were not sent the item you ordered, and feedback shows the buyer has done it to others and not been helpful, open an item not as described dispute

Is this the seller in China ?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

On their listing it says item is in Sydney Australia but on their shop info it says they are located in China?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

The seller is registered in China but may or may not ship from there

They *may* have a warehouse here where some of their items are sent from

Many ads give a false location for where items are posted from though 

But in any case, still open the dispute 

You have 30 days from the last date in the ETA with eBay and if it is too late for that, you have 18o days if you paid by PayPal

BUT, do not open both disputes at the same time as they will cancel each other out

(and open eBay dispute first if there is time)

Don't let the seller tell you that you have to close a dispute before they 'can' help, as that is a lie and once you close a dispute, you cannot re-open it) 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

A seller cannot put conditions in their listings which are against Ebay policy.

It's really a tactic to try and stop dissatisfied buyers asking for their money back. 

If a seller wants their faulty/wrong item back, they have to pay for shipping at their cost. Domestic registered sellers can issue an Aus Post shipping label, but overseas sellers cannot - therefore this seller will be obliged to refund you in full.

If the seller asks you to close the case for any reason - DO NOT do so.

Let it runs its course.

For the future - please check feedback before purchasing and always look to see where is a seller is registered, not matter what the item location indicates.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

How much was the item and the shipping?

Once I bought an item in the US on my other account, it was only $7.50, and $10 for shipping.

The condition wasn't as decribed, infact I think they sent a poor condition example coz I was the only bid, and perhaps they didn't want to let it go for the starting price.

I opened a case without any satisfaction coz i'd have to pay to return the item. Wasn't worth it,  Not fair really when the seller's a shonk.

So I left FB accordingly, and sold off the item "as described" to get my money back. 

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

It was only $6 and free shipping, I'm just super annoyed as I really wanted the item I ordered and was sent a packet of balloons!!!! The seller got back to me and said I must be mistaken in what I ordered and hopes that I can accept the balloons!!!! Huh??? Anyway, how do I open a dispute (sorry I have never done this before) , I can see where I can return the item for a refund in the help section, is that what I do? Thanks

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

If the last day of the estimated delivery was less than 30 days ago, you should be able to open an eBay dispute from your purchase history or also from the Help page (switch to classic view, so you can see your recent orders). If it was more than 30 days ago and you paid with PayPal, you can still open a dispute in PayPal. First find your transaction and there should be an option to open a dispute.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Received the wrong item

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022

In the past you could open a case for IND, but now the two options are that the item has not arrived or that you want to return it (which should include IND).

You can also talk to eBay via live chat and explain your issue there. They can even open a case for you.

You can access live chat from the Help page.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply