Received the wrong item

kiya777
Community Member

Hi all, I received the wrong item just now, after checking their feedback I saw they did the same to someone else (same item ) just now and won't let them send it back for a refund.I have contacted the seller and I am just wondering if I get the same response what do I do next....also I checked their conditions and it said they give refunds but at the buyers cost, is that fair if they sent the wrong item? Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Received the wrong item

I opened  return/refund but the seller won't refund or accept my return, it says ebay can step in but when I click onto that it just takes me to the item I purchased and that's it. Also for some reason my item has disappeared of my purchase list on my pc but I can still see it on phone. I looked at their feedback again and have seen 3 people complaining about the same thing....

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

When did you open the case for a refund? Ebay can step in, but only after a few days (I think 4?) because usually they first give the seller the chance to reply. If the seller does not reply, you can then ask eBay to step in. When you opened a case, you should have received an email that tells you when you can ask eBay to step in, and it should also be next to your item/case (in the resolution centre). They have changed a lot of things lately and I haven't opened a case in a long time, so I am not sure exactly where it is, but there should be some notification next to your item that a case is open and a link to go to it. Have you looked at the bottom of the page (your list of purchases)? Sometimes when I get a refund the items go to the bottom of the page under cancelled or refunded purchases (on my laptop). Although you have not received a refund yet, maybe it is the same when a case is open.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, I can see other people complain about the same issue...

Can you share the item number?

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

The seller is replying but won’t budge . Ok so I might need to wait the 3 days , I thought it was only if the seller didn’t respond . Anyway thanks so much for your time😊

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I think they think you might still reach an agreement..., that's why you have to wait.

Don't forget to ask them to intervene though, as if you don't ask them, they will assume you have reached an agreement with the seller.

Someone here once forgot because he thought it was automatic if the seller did not respond in a satisfactory manner and the case was not closed, and then (after 30 days) he was not able to ask eBay any more. It is not like PayPal. In PayPal disputes, after a certain number of days PayPal intervenes automatically if no solution has been achieved and the case is still open.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

ami1328
Community Member

I have received the wrong item as well.  EBay pretends that we have to sort it with the seller and I can't.  There is no avenue to complain.  I am disgusted.   Can anybody suggest a solution?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

eBay don't pretend 'just' that, they suggest that is how you start

If the seller has not been helpful, you open an item not as described dispute and follow through with it

Unless you have left it too long to do so

Why be disgusted?

You as the buyer have all the power and are given all the tools

Complaining is of no use if you don't follow the correct procedure to deal with these things 

And it is better to start your own topic (where you will get the same advice that it is to add a comment to someone else's solved topic from over two years ago

Did you buy on this account or as a guest ?

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

*Edited due to boo boo 

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply