Recently bought an item and paid immediately using PayPal. PayPal has record includes shipped status

Recently bought an item and paid immediately using PayPal. PayPal has record includes shipped status. Then received message stating item has not been paid for but from different seller to that on receipt of payment. I did notice however that the sellers both have same start of membership date and location. The seller writing item is not paid for is claiming order is cancelled. Payment has been taken from my account. What are my options?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Recently bought an item and paid immediately using PayPal. PayPal has record includes shipped status

Follow the tracking.

If it doesn't turn up within a few days of the latest estimated delivery date, open a case for Item Not Received. If the seller can't prove delivery, you will get your money back.

It sounds like the seller doesn't know which account is which. And they can't cancel a sale that was never made on a given account. They could cancel the sale for which you paid, but that assumes they haven't sent it, and are prepared to wear the non-refundable Paypal fees. As a cancellation requires refund of monies.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply