Refund

wil_240192
Community Member

I requested a refund about 3 times, not knowing that it would take time for the refund to process. The money came in and instantly went back out. What happens now? Can i get my money back???

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Refund

Did you open a formal dispute through eBay or just messaged the seller ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Refund

What do you mean with "The money came in and instantly went back out"? Usually once refund has been processed it does not bounce back if there is not a problem with the recipient's account.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Refund

By the way, do you mean you saw the money had been refunded in your eBay account but then could not find it in your bank account? Refunds go back to the original account from which the money came when you paid. Have you checked that account?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Refund

There's zero context to this story. 

Why did you need a refund? Was the item damaged/defective or it did not arrive?

DID YOU OPEN A DISPUTE?

Or did you just communicate with the seller?

Most sellers will not refund without being forced to do so via a dispute.

If, however, you were actually refunded, then the money will go back to the funding source, ie: if you paid via PayPal with a credit card, the money will go back to the credit card. Might take a few days though.

I don't think anyone on these boards has ever heard of a refund going in and then going out again, so you need to clarify exactly what is going on.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Refund

Iโ€™m curious how you requested a refund 3 times? 

When using eBay MBG, you can only open a case once for the same item.  Once that case is closed, it can not be reopened.  
Option 2, is then via PayPal (if that was your funding source) and once that case is closed, it also, can not be reopened! 

My only guess (and itโ€™s a far fetched guess at best) is that you were issued a refund, the seller than appealed the claim decision, eBay reviewed it and opted in the sellers favourโ€ฆ. But usually, when thatโ€™s the case, eBay cover those costs themselves.  Soโ€ฆ. That brings me to the conclusion that I have no idea whatโ€™s happened to your money!!  Maybe it got sucked into the 3rd refund case you opened! ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply