Replying to Dispute

**tay**
Community Member

My hubby bought a pair of boots over 2 weeks ago. He wanted them sent registered post so sent an email, to which he got no reply, so he then sent another with still no reply. Seller has now opened a dispute, and my hubby can't reply to it, what does he need to do? Can the seller open a dispute with no ability to reply? Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Replying to Dispute

Was the item paid for?

Has the dispute been opened for non payment?

If yes just pay with paypal as that is your protection.

Registered is the sellers.

Once you pay with paypal the dispute will close.

If you pay with paypal and the item does not arrive the seller will need to prove postage with registered or alike or you get your money back.

DO NOT pay with bank dep as you have NO protection with that.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

Seller has now opened a dispute, and my hubby can't reply to it, what does he need to do?

He needs to PAY FOR THE ITEM.

Don't muck about any longer, just pay. Only via Paypal.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

**tay**
Community Member

Thanks guys, will do.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

You are lucky the seller did not have their accounbt set to automatically open disputes after 4 days and close them 4 days later.

If a seller does not quote for registered post so you cannot select it in checkout then you should always ask before bidding. A lot of sellers will not use it as they send with click & send or eparcel with the parcels being picked up if they live a long way from the PO or perhaps can't drive for some reason.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

But it's pretty pointless getting Registered Post - it protects the SENDER, not the receiver.

3coopers, is there a way of sending that's equally beneficial to both the buyer and seller, as far as security goes? Both of it arriving safety and of both parties feeling confident against disputes.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

Click and Send. Especially for satchels. They are cheaper than standard satchels and only marginally more if the signature-required option (which costs $1 and gives the same protection as registered) is used.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

OMG-Tay,where have you been?Haven't seen you post in YEARS !!:-x

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

3coopers, is there a way of sending that's equally beneficial to both the buyer and seller, as far as security goes? Both of it arriving safety and of both parties feeling confident against disputes.

Postage methods protect the sender only. The buyer is covered by consumer law and some payment methods (eg: Paypal).

When an item doesn't arrive, the buyer's claim is against the seller, so the seller needs to choose a level or risk that suits the circumstances. But this must be weighed up against the incredibly low real risk of loss, and the fact that buyers hate paying big $$ for postage.

The only reason a buyer would normally need to concern themselves with a delivery METHOD is if they wanted to have it collected at a certain time. In this case Registered might be better because it would be carded and then collected at the post office later.

For sellers, the options are:

a) Self Insurance. (just not worrying about claims)

b) Click and Send Satchels 500g and 3kg - for low value stuff under $40-50 only

c) Express Parcel (not stachel) and Express Platinum, but only if lodged over the counter.

d) Registered Post (the best overall).

Registered, Platinum + Extra Cover and Click & Send + Signature provide various levels of actual insurance against loss.

I send paskages by all these methods, there simply is no "simple solution". But the main thing to remember is that more than 99% of deliveries arrive safely, so don't gget too hung up with all this stuff.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Replying to Dispute

**tay**
Community Member

Lol, trying to be good and not spend money, so I don't log on anymore... How have you been Foxette?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply