Reporting multiple ~scam accounts?

Too layzee and disinterested to do so myself - search item description "CELEBRATE 3000TH ORDER BY GIVING BACK TO THE AMAZING CUSTOMERS" if anyone wants a project. 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Reporting multiple ~scam accounts?

Extremely suss. I can only properly open the second link you gave, the one starting at 99c auction.

There's so much wrong with that ad, where to start?

Firstly, the body of the ad rabbits on about how the first 100 customers get it for $2, but the auction starts at 99c. If only one person bids, they should by rights get it for 99c.

And if the bidding goes above $2, the seller would be paying ebay fees on that, so the sensible thing would be to list at a buy it now price of $2 with 100 available. If they were genuine. 

Which they are not as they are in Aust and the location of items, if they even exist, is USA.

I tried the first item number you gave and it showed me a product that sold 2 days ago for close to $300. But when I actually click on that item, it doesn't take me to the ad at all, which it normally would. All that comes up is the name of the graphics card and an invitation to review that actual product. I am wondering if ebay has closed that seller or sale down.

To me, it screams scam but I am not sure what they are after as new selling accounts have the money held by ebay for 30 days. Maybe they hope they will rope in lots of gullible new buyers who don't know how to make a claim or maybe they are after buyer details but as they won't even see how a buyer paid, I am struggling to figure out how it works.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Reporting multiple ~scam accounts?

Yes, only 13 up today just made a link to the search  I guess reporting the others got them removed.... I feel like it's something that ebay should be writing some algorithm to flag for internal review - shirly some bot could crawl through and compare text commonalities within the body of listings to identify things like this, whatever it is (of course it might be a "one off" and not be worth it). 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply