Returning a product.

I opened a return last week.

Seller accepted the return but I received an email from ebay stating that he can't buy a return postage label and i had to contact him to arrange return postage. 

I have just gone into the return and it says 'Send the item back by 13 July and 'Get Label'

It then takes me to The eBay Supported Returns Provider

What is this????

This is only my second return in 10 odd years and am not sure what I am doing. Does this mean that the seller is paying for the return or myself?

Thankyou

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Returning a product.

Just to confirm first, is this a return due to the item not being as described, or change of mind? (And if change of mind, what does the seller's return policy specify in regards to who pays postage?)
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Returning a product.

Hi

Item is not as described. Also he is in Australia.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Returning a product.

The seller is supposed to be responsible for return postage when an item is not as described, though some sellers will resist this (or even refuse) and it can be difficult to get the costs covered or reimbursed in those cases.

Have they indicated they will reimburse you, or anything like that?

If not, you can be a bit between a rock and a hard place as not meeting the return deadline can void your eligibility for a refund.

When you click get label and go to the next page, does it give you any indication that you'll be charged for creating the label?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply