Returning an item to China

Recently bought a strand of natural black tahitian pearls from a seller in China.  I wasn't expecting them to be

exactly the same as the pic in their description and the colour not exactly the same.  The necklace I received is just

horrible.  The size is smaller,  the colour is nothing like a black pearl and the quality is just poor.  I immediately

contacted the seller and he offered me a partial refund.  I repied back advising that I wouldn't wear them and

would like a refund.  He then offered me half of the cost of the necklace but I again advised him that I would

like to return them for a full refund.  He has given me his address and asked I put the price down as $20 on

the customs declaration.  ( I paid approx A $180.00 incl postage) and to send back air mail at the cheapest cost

to me. 

The seller has been very helpful and apologised up to now and advised that he wants to settle any problem.

My questions  are:  should I open a dispute and go through that process and who pays for the return postage.

Thanks

tip toe through the tulips
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Open a case for"not as described" through eBay's "MBG" (money back guarantee) if you win the dispute the seller has to pay for the return.

DO NOT return to the seller until eBay advises you to do so, and how to do it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

with the number of posts you have posted i'd have thought you would have read many of the horror stories from buyers buying items from china and would not have joined the long list.

anyway. do what the above reply advised.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply