Royal mail

I bought an item online from seller in UK and was told by them that the Royal Mail website has been hacked by Russian criminals. Any one else had problems of a similar nature lately?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Royal mail

Yes, big problems happening with Royal Mail.

A Google search would have told you as such, or even just looking at the Royal Mail website, where there is a giant yellow banner at the top of the page mentioning a cyber attack. Clicking through gives this information:

Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. To support faster recovery when our service is restored and to prevent a build-up of export items in our network, weโ€™re asking customers not to post international items until further notice. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Royal mail

Do you believe the seller?

Have you Googled if that really happened? 

The seller may be lying through their teeth

Or it could have happened to who knows how many people, just none who are reading here

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

A couple of days ago - not hard to find.

The UK's Royal Mail has suffered severe disruption to its overseas deliveries due to a ransomware attack linked to Russian criminals, according to reports. Royal Mail has been unable to send letters and parcels overseas since Wednesday (11 January) due to a ransomware attack that affected its computer systems.2 days ago

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

Yes, big problems happening with Royal Mail.

A Google search would have told you as such, or even just looking at the Royal Mail website, where there is a giant yellow banner at the top of the page mentioning a cyber attack. Clicking through gives this information:

Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. To support faster recovery when our service is restored and to prevent a build-up of export items in our network, weโ€™re asking customers not to post international items until further notice. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

arctoph_49
Community Member

Yes, I have read about that too. Very sad.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

I checked a seller in the UK and there is the announcement below on her page. How sad they don't even know when international postage will resume.

Anyway, good luck, Michelle. I hope it won't take too long. I was lucky, as I wanted to buy something in January and then bought it at the end of December and got it in 11 days.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 113004.png

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

I had done 2 seperate Ebay orders from different sellers from the UK, the 1st order Iโ€™m still waiting for it to be sent, seller has contacted me saying that he canโ€™t send it yet, that was around 3 weeks ago, the 2nd Ebay order was still a wait but it has been sent now. Sellers were very good and offered me a refund if I preferred. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

I want to place an order for some linen from the UK, but Iโ€™m waiting until the backlog has cleared.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Royal mail

From what I have heard from a friend - they process the current - while clearing the backlog - so could be a good time to order.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply