SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Business unit    Toll Priority
Service type   B2c Economy

That's what it is: https://www.tollgroup.com/express-services/global-delivery-services/economy

Message 131 of 252
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

That's it:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/not-so-little-meet-the-340m-winner-in-japan-posts-takeover-of-toll-2...

I cannot edit the other post.

It was founded in 1888 in Newcastle.

Yes, it was founded in Newcastle in 1888.....Mr Toll delivered coal with a horse and cart.  I sometimes think they have not progressed much since then.....the horse and cart would be as quick or quicker.

Japan Post bought them out in 2015 I think.   The local delivery drivers are using the StarTrack depot in Roberts Road Greenacre....they take over when the StarTrack drivers leave in the morning.

Message 132 of 252
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@papermoon.lady wrote:

That's it:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/not-so-little-meet-the-340m-winner-in-japan-posts-takeover-of-toll-2...

I cannot edit the other post.

It was founded in 1888 in Newcastle.

Yes, it was founded in Newcastle in 1888.....Mr Toll delivered coal with a horse and cart.  I sometimes think they have not progressed much since then.....the horse and cart would be as quick or quicker.

Quite true! I wish they could deliver my parcel with a horse and a cart. 

Spoiler

Message 133 of 252
Latest reply

Hi have reported this many times to ebay but nothing ever changes.

My Question is why does Ebay not care, this is Fraud to the Australian consumers not to mention all the honest Australin business suffering from this.

Message 134 of 252
Latest reply

@ctradeaustralia wrote:

My Question is why does Ebay not care, this is Fraud to the Australian consumers not to mention all the honest Australin business suffering from this.

It's been mentioned many times both here and on other threads that if the seller is registered in China then it's up to ebaycn to stop the practice - and they will do nothing about it.

Spoiler

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 135 of 252
Latest reply

Yup....FEEbay will do nowt about the REMOVED
Message 136 of 252
Latest reply

errr **bleep** are you on about??? most places don't even sell some things or are at 20X the price!! Why are you even on here if you're defending the local retailer anyway???
Message 137 of 252
Latest reply

Because the chinese provide FEEbay with a nice steady income...
Message 138 of 252
Latest reply

I'm curious if you've ever tried some sort of anger management therapy?

Message 139 of 252
Latest reply

Pretty sure I read or heard somewhere that a gigantic Chinese corporation owns about half at least of the ebay company now so maybe that's why they turned a blind eye to it.....

Message 140 of 252
Latest reply