SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

My experience with these scammers is simple. If you see an item you wish to bid on, or have the option of useing the "buy it now" button, the easiest way is as follows.

Look at the item location, if it say's China, then there's a fair bet, that's where it is. If it say's Australia, or a location in Australia, then the next step is simple.

Click on the sellers feedback and look at where he/she/it is located. If it say's Australia, then you have a 50/50 chance, he/she/it may be legit. If it says they are in China, Hong-Kong (or any other country) and have been a member since xx/xx/xxxx then smell a rat.

Report them and let Ebay sort them out.

They may well be operating as a legit enterprise as some have mentioned by using drop methods, buy-in-bulk or what ever else they can dream of, but is it worth it.???

Don't waste your time and money, purchasing anything, plus burning your brains out arguing with them, it's not worth your health.

Message 11 of 252
Latest reply

This thread has only been dormant for EIGHTEEN months.

Message 12 of 252
Latest reply

I don't think it matter's how old it is. If it helps someone new, then it's served it's purpose.

Message 13 of 252
Latest reply

Does it?

As a general rule, the older the thread the more likely the information is no longer current/relevant.

I am prepared to bow to your vast experience, however.

Message 14 of 252
Latest reply

Good idea, you might learn something.

Message 15 of 252
Latest reply

There's nothing new in anything you've posted.

Nothing to learn that hasn't been said recently on the boards

Message 16 of 252
Latest reply

he said it will affect my health, next time i get a cold i can blame the chinese sellers on ebay.

Message 17 of 252
Latest reply

Well, then, he was right.

Someone learned something - albeit useless

Message 18 of 252
Latest reply

I must admit about 2 months ago I was looking for an item I paid more than what I could have got the same item from a asian country for however I did wish to buy Australian. After 4 days they marked it posted (handling time of 1 day when I looked) along with an email saying not to rush in poor english looking for the item justt wait a week or 2 and it will definatly turn up **bleep**? yes coming from CHINA. The seller was listed as being in Alice Springs I guess the furthest they could think they could get away from anyone in OZ.

I informed the seller if the item was coming from china that they could take it back I didnt want it. Sure enough we will give u a discount and 10 emails trying to convince me to take the item at a better price. I stood my ground and insisted the seller take the item back ... Sure enough keep it we dont want it back. (postage to China via Aus post was more than the item was worth HOWEVER had they been in Alice Springs it would have been worth getting the item back.

end result gave it to the kids to use (aka break in 10 mins) and jut bought another one from an oz seller

Message 19 of 252
Latest reply

Well its still going on but worse, a lot of the Chinese companies are claiming they are BASED in Australia when in fact they are in china, for example REMOVED are suposedly in darwin as the seller location is listed as Darwin, yet if you live in Darwin it takes 6 weeks to get your item ? Because they are in china.

People really need to start looking at the feedback and when you see 50+ negs in one month well that should say it all, but read it and you will see that the penny has dropped and alot of the comment state NOT IN AUSTRALIA BEWARE and things of that nature.

Look at the prices, any item over 2cm thick is $7.60 to send by Australia post, when an item is selling for example $9.60 free postage its hardly in Australia.

Here a mathamatical way to work it out.

Selling at $9.60 free post now minus ebay & paypal fees at around 13.6% then minus the $7.60 postage =$0.69

Now take the cost of the product away and you are in the RED, WHO SELLS FOR A LOSS ?

Message 20 of 252
Latest reply