SELLER DID NOT POST AS ADVERTISED IN THE LISTING.

Recently I purchased an item from a seller.

The seller advertised the postal Method as being Australia Post.

The seller then went and sent the item via another delivery service other than Australia Post.

I waited over a week for the item.

In the end, it was not even delivered by the courier the seller chose contrary to the listing.

And, the delivery status in the tracking showed a false "Delivered" status.

I know the item was not delivered due to my CCD surveilence system not recording the delivery on that, or any other day.

Whether the seller was in kahoots with the chosen delivery company I don't know.

My point is that some sellers believe they can do what they want and not abide by the rules.

I took it to the resolution center, opened a case against the seller, and won with a full refund issued.

It's a possibility that the courier delivered to the wrong address. 

I don't know for sure, and the person that may have received my delivery in error, has not come forward.

The point here is that the seller advertised Australia Post as the delivery method, and acted contrary to the listing, sent the item with Aramex (formerly Fastway), and the item was not delivered. Subsequently a "Delivered" status was falsely applied to tracking history.

And that is just not ethical.

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@ep000001 wrote:

Recently I purchased an item from a seller.

The seller advertised the postal Method as being Australia Post.

The seller then went and sent the item via another delivery service other than Australia Post.

I waited over a week for the item.

In the end, it was not even delivered by the courier the seller chose contrary to the listing.

And, the delivery status in the tracking showed a false "Delivered" status.

I know the item was not delivered due to my CCD surveilence system not recording the delivery on that, or any other day.

Whether the seller was in kahoots with the chosen delivery company I don't know.

My point is that some sellers believe they can do what they want and not abide by the rules.

I took it to the resolution center, opened a case against the seller, and won with a full refund issued.

It's a possibility that the courier delivered to the wrong address. 

I don't know for sure, and the person that may have received my delivery in error, has not come forward.

The point here is that the seller advertised Australia Post as the delivery method, and acted contrary to the listing, sent the item with Aramex (formerly Fastway), and the item was not delivered. Subsequently a "Delivered" status was falsely applied to tracking history.

And that is just not ethical.

This seems to be happening to you on a regular basis, every delivery I've had from Aramex has turned up.

Do you work for one of the couriers that you haven't yet bagged?

And again you state that you have opened up a case against the seller when the item wasn't delivered so how is that always the sellers fault in your eyes?

I'm a collector and I have never bad mouthed a seller if there was a problem with the transaction, I've always worked with the seller to resolve the issue and if a seller didn't respond to an issue then I left it to ebay to resolve it and moved on.

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

I agree..."that is just not ethical".

Fortunately it is not the end of civilization as we know it.

Hopefully you will find another seller with the same item.

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you are legitimately having so many bad transactions on ebay why are you not leaving bad feedback to warn other buyers?

Or are you just big noting yourself just to have something to post on the boards?

Did the seller advertise that they would use Sendle?  That is a courier broker and the actual courier used can be one of a number of companies although Fastway/Aramex is a very strong possibility.   And they have a reputation of being one of the worst couriers if not THE worst....see the thread on the boards that has been running for years.

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

I would be a LOT more concerned that you are flying very close to slander, defamation and libel - All ACTUALLY prosecutable  by Australian LAW.

Hope the sellers you speak of (frequently) and eBay and Paypal - not to mention many carriers never read here. Or that anyone else that does read here doesn't report you.

Just remember while you THINK you are safely hiding behind your keyboard, your IP address (linked with all your Real World info) is

accessable by law inforcement should it become necessary.

Just something to think about next time you decide to 'dream up situations'

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

@ep000001 wrote:

How?

Just curious on this, as it is in direct contradiction with how eBay traditionally handle INR cases where there is tracking showing delivery.

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

No I do not work for one of the couriers or their company.

Aramex was formely Fastway and is currently in a handover situation.

I opened a case against the seller due to the seller being responsible for the deliver.

People do not realise that the delivery of carriage contract, is between the seller and the delivery company, not the buyer.

This also applies when Australia Post also decides to leave a calling card instead of actually leaving the item for "whatever" reason.

Australia Post does not recognise the receiver as that which has the Delivery of carriage contract.

This legally means that if you interfere, you have no authority since the delivery of carriage does not include you.

The Delivery of carriagecontract is between the sender and the carrier (courier service).

Therefore the receiver cannot be blamed, howeverin the case of Australia Post, they do not have to fulfill a delivery under legislation.

They are exempt as stated in the Statute of Liability legislation covering it.

Furthermore, i had video evidence to the contrary that shows no one actually came to deliver the item on the day.

The plain fact of the matter is that the seller was responsible for the delivery, and the seller sent the item with a delivery company that was not the one stated in the listing.

The seller therefore failed to deliver,and failed to comply with the listing also.

I also worked with the seller for many days trying to resolve the issue, the seller did not want to accept responsibility for the loss.

If it was under different circumstances, and the seller complied with the listing, and the courier company had done the right thing.

I would have not even bought the matter up here.

However I find it compelling and essential to note it here so others can see it.

Even though a "Delivered" status" is recorded in the tracking, it does not show that the issue is resolved and ethical.

My point is that buyers should double check the product listing, before and after any issues, to ensure they are correct in their understanding of the matter if they perceive any wrong doing was instigated.

I refuse to accept responsibility for a sellers unethical action(s).

I have been suckered enough!

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

Personally i think it's more to do with the recent Mercury retrograde period.

It causes people to make a lot of contractual mistakes.

I will just wait.

Thanks for the sentiment.

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

I have to wait for the cooling off period to place negative feedback. You should know that instead of presuming.

How am i "big noting myself" I'm just warning others of what happened to me recently, in case they go through the same event.

This is the first time i have had so many bad failed deliveries and had to open as many eBay cases.

Usually I receive my deliveries with no issues.

From what you see, it's some big conspiracy, however it's a circumstantial set of events, rather than implying wrong doing on my behalf.

Thanks anyway, but you don't help.

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

@ep000001 wrote:

Personally i think it's more to do with the recent Mercury retrograde period.

It causes people to make a lot of contractual mistakes.

I will just wait.

Thanks for the sentiment.

Therein lies te problem.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply