Sadly it's been one of those days....again

I collect stuff.  Not rare or horribly expensive stuff, but just things I like.

Last year I won an item (on my wanted list) from overseas and a month went by and the registered parcel didn't turn up.  I discovered from Aust Post that it was so badly addressed that they couldn't work out who it was for so, they sent it back to the return address.  I emailed the seller to let him know what had happened.  After a few delays I got a full refund.  That's fine but I still haven't managed to get a replacement for the item I (almost) got.  Unfortunately they don't come up on eBay very often.

Then a month or so ago I bought something that turned out was not complete (it was certainly supposed to be according to the description).  I was hoping to be offered a replacement but it turned out it was not cost effective to return the item (another OS purchase) and in the end I opted for keeping it and getting a partial refund.  I've yet to get a replacement.

Fast forward to now.  A new (and different) purchase from OS - once again something from my wanted list.  The seller sent me the wrong item but said if I returned the one I got, I would be sent the correct one and would also be recompensed for the postage.  So I sent it back.....and today I received a refund - the full amount for my original purchase plus the postage to return the wrong item.  Sigh.  I didn't want a refund - I wanted what I was promised - the item I'd actually won.  So, knowing this is another almost-got item that isn't on eBay too often, it seems I've missed out a again.

I've done nothing wrong, and I know at times you-know-what happens, but after these experiences with sellers I'm beginning to find buying on eBay very disheartening.

I've got one more much wanted OS purchase that is now just over the 3 week mark since it was (hopefully) posted but after these other incidents I'm beginning to get a bit worried it may not turn up.

Yes I know I've been fortunate to get my money back (or in one case most of it) but there are times when that is no compensation for the purchase or win that has been lost.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Things eventually work out however from experience I try and only deal within Aus. now days.... In saying that I have in general had good experience with OS sellers.

Its AP that are the hamdroids!

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

You'll find it, and it will be worth all the more to you because of the rough journey there. The trials and tribulations of being a collector. This story would have been great on the Collectables forum. They love the blood and guts of a good hunt.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

If only I could find these items easily in Aust...but collectables need a market and I guess Oz isn't where the money is.  Some items are vintage so I'm not likely to find them at the local shops.  Purchasing from overseas is quite often the only option.

What is so frustrating is I've missed out on these purchases due to what amounts to careless mistakes.  Grrrrrr.

Haven't had any great issues with AP (touchwood) but don't get me started on (what turned out to be substandard) stuff bought from Oz but in actuality was from China...... 😐

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

.....blood and guts of a good hunt. Love it! 😄

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I collect stuff.  Not rare or horribly expensive stuff, but just things I like.

what I would like to know is . . . . how do they make those Barbie knickers?  I didn't know that they made sewing machines that small.

So leader..... How long have you had these fetishes?

This is an open forum and we would love to counsel you with our impeccable wisdom and understanding.... so please open up and we promise not to laugh....

too much

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

please open up and we promise not to laugh

Hehehe... feels like I'm back in the schoolyard 🙂

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

In answer to: ....what I would like to know is . . . . how do they make those Barbie knickers?  I didn't know that they made sewing machines that small.

I've sometimes wondered!  I also make dolls clothes and it's far easier to let someone else make those than tackle it myself.  Far too fiddly and the cost of buying them is way less than the hours I'd waste trying to make them.

And no, knickers for Barbie is not what I collect! 😛

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

No fetish, just can't wrap my head around how small those knickers are (so to speak).  And apart from that . . . . Barbie shouldn't be wearing sexy knickers 😛