Save Seller

Hi there. Sometimes when I try to save a seller to my list it says "Forbidden" inside a red box. Why is that? Any answers appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Save Seller

I have never come across this. Is it possible you have too many saved sellers?  There is a limit 200 I think. Is there a possibility that you would be on the seller's blocked list? Have you been trying this on a Friday (called Freaky Friday) when eBay do maintenance and things can go a bit haywire. Are you using Internet Explorer? Are you using a phone? Either of those will cause problems. With no knowledge of why you are getting this, I guess all you can do is eliminate the possibilities one by one. Also, try clearing your cachet and refreshing the page. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be along soon and can advise you better.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Save Seller

I have never come across this. Is it possible you have too many saved sellers?  There is a limit 200 I think. Is there a possibility that you would be on the seller's blocked list? Have you been trying this on a Friday (called Freaky Friday) when eBay do maintenance and things can go a bit haywire. Are you using Internet Explorer? Are you using a phone? Either of those will cause problems. With no knowledge of why you are getting this, I guess all you can do is eliminate the possibilities one by one. Also, try clearing your cachet and refreshing the page. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be along soon and can advise you better.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

Thanks for your answer.  I counted my saved sellers and I have 100 so that must be the limit and the reason why.  I like to think that Im not on anyone's BBL!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

The saved sellers limit is definitely more thn 100 so you need to look for another reason for not being able to save more sellers.

At one stage you could save well over 200 but I think it has reduced since those days.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

Since I deleted three sellers off my list (which was 100) it is allowing me to add more.  I dont know what's going on.  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

A general internet search produced the following.....Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

Yeah thanks for that.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Save Seller

It's good to have that definitive information, shoppingbag*.

(I am reasonably sure that it's changed a few times; eBay do so love to tinker with that sort of thing.)

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply