Scam attempt re recent order

ginsal47
Community Member

Placed an order last week - all OK, shipping from Australia, warning re a backlog, will be a few days. 

Today got a message to my phone number "Your delivery has been stopped at our depot" ... provided Tracking numbers including international (not order number) and referred me to http://1f3.us/Uo09h.  I clicked and it took me in through Safari on my phone (I use chrome!).

The screen said the order is in process of preparation for shipping and my confirmation is needed.

The following screen had "Pending shipping costs" in red, then a set of slightly imossible tracking movements - eg at 5.12pm yesterdat it will be transported to the destination counry, where it apparently arrived at 6.50pm  (I did say it was coming from Sydney, didn't I?) but then they added another one at 10.25 saying the sender as provided instructions.  etc etc

The following screen wants my "Delivery Place" address and warns the order will be cancelled if I don't choose delivery within 24 hours.

Just thought I'd post this - clearly a scam and I warned the vendor, since they got me through the telephone number.  And no, I provided no response.

Take care

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Never ever click on links that you don't know are safe, run your virus software and a malwear program asap. Be aware of any more phishing emails and it would be prudent to change all your passwords as well.

Email the company through eBay messages to confirm the delivery address.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sorry and this may seem a stupid comment but are you sure the seller was in Australia?  Many Asian seller location Australia when that in fact is not correct.  Dod you check the sellers feedback prior to purchase?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Not a stupid comment at all, but a fair one.  But yes, the seller is a well-known Australian company and I had contact by phone.  I'm merely reluctant to name them as I went through their ebay shop rather than direct to their own website.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply